1995 cclb restoration and build

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yep, Perkins are real good engines. Do they even make em anymore though? I know the one I'm after is real hard to find

Tsgs69400

Reaction score
Loving the build there. I appreciate the build and pics. Im starting my project slowly. Just got a dta 360 for $750 and its been rebuilt already by ih. Plan on a zf6 or a rto6610 tranny in a superduty cclb. Hows rhe serpentine belt conversion working out and what valvesprings did you end up using?
Thanks

Thad

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Serpentine belt conversion is coming along, more so now looking for a belt than anything. All mods to my motor are in my sig. Also, what will you be using the truck for primarily? I can guide you on the trans a little better with your intents. However, the eaton will be bolt up whereas you will need custom adapters for the zf6

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Tonight or some other time this weekend I am picking up my head from machine with a fresh port job, valve job with new valves, new bbc valve seals and cut valve guides to accept the new springs! And of course a good sonic cleaning! All for the low cost of $400! Next weekend I'm picking up a drw aam 1150 rear axle to convert to drw, next up is all new energy suspension bushings, new suspensions hangers and suspension and body mount hardware. Still waiting on header and valve cover, but turbos are ready to go!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds like things are still moving along for you. Will be fun to see it up and going!!!

I always have had a soft spot for the DT360 IH engines.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
They are moving along, but rather slowly! I haven't had much for motivation with the crappy weather we have and not having a heated garage!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It is better to take a little longer to do it and have everything just right. Then to push it as fast as you can go and miss something or just not do it right.

As for the heated garage a hear you there!!! I dont even have a garage!!! Just a blue canape called the sky :D They are now calling for up to 10 inches of snow this weekend out here. so more bad weather could be heading over your way. We do not need the snow right now! Rain yes, snow no.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya! This winter has really drug out and is depressing! So far this project is 2 years in the making. I've changed or tweaked so much on it multiple times just to achieve what I want. I've been debating the drw swap for a while and been on the fence about it, but intend on pulling a gooseneck with 2 trucks on it so its more feasible for that aspect and you don't see many nice obs 4x4 drws!

Kaden, it's going to have 35x12.50r16.5 bf all terrains for a while, then switched later on to 315/75r16 toyo mt's

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
sounds good! when it is up and going do you plan any rode trips?? :D I agree there are not very many nice OBS 4x4 dully s running around.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I indeed plan on road trips! Ts, Rudy's, Carlisle, possibly scheids and whatever else I get invited to! Depending on dpc rules, if I'm eligible I would love to enter when I have the other motor done for it! This motor is just to run a while and beat on! I've also sourced parts to take it to 456ci and possibly even common rail

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Next engine for this truck will be another dt360, just bored and stroked to 456!

I will look that up! I know a few fellas live out that way. Gives me more of an excuse to go harass them

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yup!!! A DT360 stroked to a DT456 would be sweet!!!! you could spool some BIG chargers no problem! not to mention the power you could make! It would be a sleeper engine look harmless on the outside but be all business in the inside! I like that!

You should look it up. i might go there some year and at the same time pick up a trailer. never know thou.

Latest posts

Members online