1995 cclb restoration and build

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
He said earlier that something happened and the frame isnt square any more

Yes, this is correct. I was very heated so I walked away from it for a few days. Discovered this issue last night, possibly will assess the situation and determine best plan of attack tomorrow. I triangulated and no measurements were close or even stayed proportionate as I measured to different spots on the frame. As far as I can tell the passenger frame rail is 2+ inches forward of the driver side rail

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
On another note, I am in the process of buying a complete xlt cab with doors and interior out of Texas in toreador red, and have traded a cummins builder engine for the rest of the body in toreador red. All in very nice condition

genuineford

Reaction score
A frame shop should be able to pull that straight for a decent price. They think that the frame is tweaked on my 86 when I had it in for an alignment.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Well, finally mustered up some ambition, looked at the frame closer today and ran some rod through key areas. Frame seems to be ok. Last weekend with being tired and in poor light (my eyes aren't the greatest so I need lots of light) everything seems to be ok and I must have been seein an optical illusions haha... Moving forward

jssjr96

Reaction score
This is one sweet build!!! I was wondering if you could post some pictures of your motor mounts? I am planing to do this same swap as soon as i get the money and parts to do so. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Well, the head is off right now as the valve guides have to be machined to fit the new springs, and she looks pretty good inside. Gonna have the head ported and a valve job too since its off. Go big or go home!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359232474.498183.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359232601.457264.jpg

IH head bolts vs cummins 5.9 head bolts...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359232650.282677.jpg

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
This is one sweet build!!! I was wondering if you could post some pictures of your motor mounts? I am planing to do this same swap as soon as i get the money and parts to do so. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

I will post pics of them once they are complete and the motor is sitting on em

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Head is finally going to machine to get boiled, ported, and cut to accept the new springs this weekend. Also will be ordering the stuff to finish the frame this weekend! I been doin a lot of work on my jeep lately to get ready for muddin season and that's closing on being done so then ill be able to focus on this more

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.