1995 cclb restoration and build

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Looks like a DT360..... ;) That would be sweet!!! Better then a 5.9L Cummins swap..

Funny thing is with the DT360 you still get 5.9L... Just a lot better engine better built all the way around...

Looking good!!! You should do compounds!!!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Looks like a DT360..... ;) That would be sweet!!! Better then a 5.9L Cummins swap..

Funny thing is with the DT360 you still get 5.9L... Just a lot better engine better built all the way around...

Looking good!!! You should do compounds!!!

This is why the dt360 is under the hood. Wet sleeved with 5/8ths head bolts is the way to go! Best motor to go with imho

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
This is why the dt360 is under the hood. Wet sleeved with 5/8ths head bolts is the way to go! Best motor to go with imho

Yea IF i ever do a I6 Mod to my pickup it will be a DT360 or a 6.6L Ford diesel...

5/8" head Bolts!!!! WOW They should hold 100 PSI EASY!!!!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
All stripped and ready for better stuff! Gonna run a PDI 3rd gen cummins manifold (will work with minor adjustment) and going to make a custom intake! Progress is a good thing. And I find it pretty cool that cummins stuff is almost a direct match!

42579133-f4b4-61ca.jpg

42579133-f4cd-4a1c.jpg

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
How well does it fit end to end?? Will you still be ablt use the belt driven fan??

How about A/C and power stearing??

Looking good!!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
End to end the fit is extremely tight. Have 3/4 inch behind it to firewall, and about 1.5 inches between balancer/water pump pulley and radiator. I'm gonna try to squeeze it backwards and swap the truck pulleys for agricultural pulleys. Hopefully that will give me enough room to make a 6.0 fan fit

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Power steering I will run off its gear driven hydraulic/power steering pump, and a/c I will have to find a vbelt compressor and figure out where to mount it

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
End to end the fit is extremely tight. Have 3/4 inch behind it to firewall, and about 1.5 inches between balancer/water pump pulley and radiator. I'm gonna try to squeeze it backwards and swap the truck pulleys for agricultural pulleys. Hopefully that will give me enough room to make a 6.0 fan fit

Power steering I will run off its gear driven hydraulic/power steering pump, and a/c I will have to find a vbelt compressor and figure out where to mount it

Thanks!!! I will keep my eye on this.. If I were to do a swap it would be this.. or the 6.6L Ford.. Only if it would be short enough..

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I do believe the 6.6 Brazilian is equivelant in dimensions to the dt466/530/570! Therefore making it about 7 inches longer than the dt360, wider, taller, and a decent bit heavier

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
well if that is the case then i would never touch one!!! was a thought thou.. Ford alll the way.. To bad it could not happen..

TRUBBS

Reaction score
There's a guy on here doin one in an excursion and pipewhiner On psn did one in an sd pickup

Pipe whiner was the one that got me wanting to do the swap to begin with, and was working with him to get an adapter plate made then I fell onto a 94 dodge truck for way to cheap to pass up so I settled for a 12v swap