1995 cclb restoration and build

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
New trans cooler! It's a hydraulic cooler out of a bobcat! 33x11x2. Should keep my Trans nice and cool

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347747348.313301.jpg

Rockaholic

Reaction score
Just read this entire thread. WOW! I love the build! Debating on doing a swap into my 67 f100 highboy 4x4. Just unsure on room under the hood, i assumed it was more than the OBS but some are telling me it isnt. I just see a problem with the transmission. Dont want to dog box but i feel i might have to. Is there a contact I can reach you at to ask a few questions about the motor and parts?

I am looking for similar numbers and seeing as you have done the heavy work i might be willing to do a small group (both of us) on buys.... You are going the exact direction i feel needs to be done. Let me know via PM or even on here. Thanks, Cameron

Look forward to the build and hearing from you!!

jssjr96

Reaction score
I love this build. What did you have to do to the front suspension to support the motor? How much did the adapter parts for the p pump cost

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I did absolutely nothing to the front suspension. This motor is only a few hundred pounds more than the 7.3. As for the parts to put the p7100 on, I sent in my a pump as a core and also ordered custom springs and pushrods. After my 350 for the core, I still ended up spending 795 (including shipping) on all those parts. I have 850 into my injectors, 525 in my pump, 400 for the motor, and 100 in my turbos. At all my specs on everything I should see at least 800 @ the wheels according to my pump/injector builder and some other builders

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
At this moment in time I am looking to switch to a 6spd Allison as I prefer those over the 5spd. They are hard to get ahold of though. I've found how to do a stand alone harness for the 6spd so there is no issue there

Rockaholic

Reaction score
Nice numbers for the money. How did you get ahold of a DT360 for so little? Did it need a rebuild? They go for 2k plus used with 30k miles on them in the lovely state of FL. They are a dime a dozen as well!!! Also i just got your PM and will keep in touch. If the build you did is as "inexpensive" at least compared to most than i will try getting this done very soon! Thank you for all the responses and break downs!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Here's some more pics. Getting it all torn down to finish welding the frame and reblast and repaint it. Then on to final assembly! My cherry picker surprised me Thursday night by lifting 2000 pounds on the half ton setting! It's almost down to bare frame, all that's left to remove is the cab and axles with suspension. Injectors are going in the motor this week, and I ran in to some issues and haven't been able to pay for my pump adapters or turbo rebuild kit and header yet, but I'm optimistic. Hoping to be back on track soon so I can get it done! The last 2 pictures show it next to a 5.9 cummins.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353264183.971143.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353264211.039535.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353264230.439076.jpg

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I drive a 7.8L everyday at work, bone stock & it leaks oil in about 4 different spots & burns oil out the exhaust if you leave it idle too long. I have to dump about a gallon of oil into it every other day with how much it leaks/burns. I have to downshift on hills to maintain speed & getting on the highway is a prayer & hold the hammer down. I'd take a Cummins or an International any day over the 6.6 or the 7.8L.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I was wondering a while ago what happened with this build. Good to see it is still coming along.

Motor will be running with the hx52 on it by Christmas if things go right. Once the setup is in the refinished frame ill work on my compound and intercooler piping to get the ht4 on it. Rolling chassis will be complete with tax returns, then just put the body on and tow it to a dyno to dial in!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Gots me some creative thinking this morning at work looking at our lathe... Gonna bring in the old truck balancer and spin it down for serpentine belt. If I'm successful, I will bring in my ag balancer off the motor and spin that and convert the engine to serpentine!