2014 DPC bs thread

imelmo

Reaction score
Truth hurts sometimes.

This is why I dont understand the rush to build for DPC. Too much can go wrong, no time to get miles on it, and no seat time to see how it performs. If it was me, and it will never be me. I would have something in place by the late summer/fall and drive it for a while. Then enter.

Doesn't matter if it's a new set-up or not. It's a completely different situation. My orange truck never so much as hiccupped before the DPC other than some engine stuff. David rebuilt the motor while a truck was at his shop waiting to take it to the DPC; he just fired it up once and slapped it on the trailer. And guess what? Everything EXCEPT the engine pretty much took a dump although I never had any issues with any of it previously.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if it's a new set-up or not. It's a completely different situation. My orange truck never so much as hiccupped before the DPC other than some engine stuff. David rebuilt the motor while a truck was at his shop waiting to take it to the DPC; he just fired it up once and slapped it on the trailer. And guess what? Everything EXCEPT the engine pretty much took a dump although I never had any issues with any of it previously.

Your train horns still worked all weekend.

imelmo

Reaction score

I love how there are no comments on that one, but the one some tool posted where the video cut off before you hear the truck start back up and drive off had several hundred comments and thousands of views because he titled it something like "Powerstroke Blows Engine Up". LOL

That wasn't the DPC by the way; that was the ATS Diesels on the Mountain race. I drove all the way up there from Louisiana and all the way back. Got second place in my class too. :D

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
y3ezubu4.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
I bet some people practiced that part of the competition this time. LOL

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure trailer tow is first, DPC has been updating all day on Instagram and there's been no pics of drag racing

MINK

Reaction score
Isn't that the point of having your $hit running months in advance? Of course it won't be perfect, but to me if you have piston to head contact then something was seriously ***ed. ;)

You're the man, wish I knew it all.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Lavon 1.06, danick 1.25, me 1.27, troy 1.00, wes was high but not sure on exact, Kaufman 1.29. Shilo up now

Latest posts

Members online