2014 DPC bs thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
aaron went 11.30 there ..

i was just addressing the hp/vs reliability thing. I agree that aaron did well, but imho thats pushing it to keep making passes. That year they didnt drag race bracket style where you might have to make 6 rounds to be the winner on top of making 1 or 2 qualifying passes on top of all that.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
jd's pile ran 11.7 today at test and tune AFTER dpc... so ***ing epic LOL

another dpc entrant that didnt get voted in mike gieger (forgive my spelling) went 10.80@130 on fuel, just goes to show you the people who do the voting dont know whats up. Plus these boys know how to play up in thin air

Hahaha I saw someone post that Mike was there too. 10.8 on fuel…that's decently brisk…LOL I wish there was a way we could throw that in the magazine…

"Btw, these are the guy you SHOULD have voted in"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i was just addressing the hp/vs reliability thing. I agree that aaron did well, but imho thats pushing it to keep making passes. That year they didnt drag race bracket style where you might have to make 6 rounds to be the winner

doesnt matter. that truck went straight to ts and did the same thing for the most part over and over ... his and jd's are eerily similar. remember jeremy went faster than anyone else there and made more power than anyone else there, and had aaron not broke ur sweet hitch he woulda prolly beaten jeremy. just throwing out the crewcab 1000 horse ford guesstimate related to this year. every year is different. no matter how we compare, different obstacles. jd coulda had bigger jets in for the later rounds and been fine. never know.

swinky

Reaction score
Jds truck is a freak. Little stupid stuff kills us too, like not engaging your transfer case lol the 6.7 seems like it might be our go to platform from here on out, the extra displacement and better head flow should should keep the elevation from affecting it so much right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Jds truck is a freak. Little stupid stuff kills us too, like not engaging your transfer case lol the 6.7 seems like it might be our go to platform from here on out, the extra displacement and better head flow should should keep the elevation from affecting it so much right?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

the headflow alone.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
doesnt matter. that truck went straight to ts and did the same thing for the most part over and over ... his and jd's are eerily similar. remember jeremy went faster than anyone else there and made more power than anyone else there, and had aaron not broke ur sweet hitch he woulda prolly beaten jeremy. just throwing out the crewcab 1000 horse ford guesstimate related to this year. every year is different. no matter how we compare, different obstacles. jd coulda had bigger jets in for the later rounds and been fine. never know.

every year does bring up new things. I think jds set up as is could win it. Not only that they enforce the cage rule so making rounds requires running 11.5 or having a cage, not sure everyone had that or not but from the sounds of it you save that for the last pass lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have numbers (CFMs) on the 6.7 vs 6.4?

i dont, but they are way better. i wanna say 30+ on each cylinder. for instance, a 66 lights at 1800 on a 6.7 and at 2200 on a 6.4 ... not exact #'s but damn close.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sounds like the most powerful lineup you could get. King Kong should stay together since they already put that thing through hell and it holds. JD has a solid setup at altitude as it is, just give that another year and see where it ends up. And as long as mike can keep Zilla together that long it should have enough abuse under it to call it "reliable".

Crack85

Reaction score
Sounds like the most powerful lineup you could get. King Kong should stay together since they already put that thing through hell and it holds. JD has a solid setup at altitude as it is, just give that another year and see where it ends up. And as long as mike can keep Zilla together that long it should have enough abuse under it to call it "reliable".

Expensive lol

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
azypazus.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why off topic. What was the final HP/TQ numbers for the 7.3L ?? Was it fuel only or N.O.S added??

Thanks!

it had the NOS !!! prolly 700-750 at sea level... he is a good bit limp wristed for this here competition , as i had previously stated.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Thought I saw on Facebook that he only had 400/200's on....

Wonder what hpop he had that **** out on him or whatever

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online