2014 DPC bs thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Stealth. Shocker that It crapped out huh.
ebe4u2uz.jpg

i swear to god if this becomes an hpop thread ill ban all who partake.

01PSD

Reaction score
If you know for a fact your $hit won't be ready at least a month prior to the competition... you should withdraw your name or not even bother entering. I would want to wait until the next year so I had time to learn my setup and get over the quirks.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I think you guys would be hard pressed to find many of the competitors that had their rigs ready a month ago..... It doesn't matter if they are in the lead right now or in the DNF area.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Seriously? EVERYONE is under a minute and a half this time, I'd say they did practice lol

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

After penalties, several were over that LOL

I find the whole dynamic of how the altitude affects these trucks fascinating. If someone was building a truck specifically to run at that altitude, what would the ideal setup? Small compounds? Progressive nitrous? How about a Procharger as an atmosphere? How would that set up do at sea level then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need something that lights right now... not too terribly tough with the turbos and technology available to us.

jd's pile ran 11.7 today at test and tune AFTER dpc... so ***ing epic LOL
another dpc entrant that didnt get voted in mike gieger (forgive my spelling) went 10.80@130 on fuel, just goes to show you the people who do the voting dont know whats up. Plus these boys know how to play up in thin air

Still pissed I didn't get a track warning... I couldn't get bottle pressure up above 900. I almost went to a bigger jet and hit the second stage, but I figured it wouldn't matter much lol. It did run 116 though, which made me feel better.

Mike Geiger's 10.80 was with a 1.9 60'. His second pass went to leave harder and dusted an intermediate. They were warming a bottle for his third pass :D That truck is an animal.

Monster12valve

Reaction score
Is it possible for a 6.0 to compete with these guys at DPC right now? I am new to the powerstroke, came from all cummins trucks. I know numbers wise with enough money... But what about reliability? Will a 6.0 live at 800-1000hp long enough to be a "proven" setup? And compete.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I just don't see how a 6.0 could compete with these trucks with more displacement and better flowing heads.

We've all seen how trucks that can't spool do at that altitude.

I know there's a lot more to it then just those two factors.. But spooling your turbo is a huge deal, that's just my $.02

I can tell you that they would beat a 7.3 :)

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think a 6.0 could be competitive for sure. This year power didn't really give anyone an edge. It's a drivers game as long as the truck spools.

Latest posts

Members online