2014 DPC bs thread

02BigD

Reaction score
So much hate.....

live life full throttle

But really it's deserved. Do I really need to mention that a boat load of us around here run the same injector setup, or bigger in our DD trucks?

I'm as diehard as they come Jake, but that OBS got voted in by the Chevy and Dodge guys that wanted the least amount of completion possible. IMO.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
DPC2014 pics and vids.
I loaded some vids but some are being a pain. Can you guys see them?

I know the vids are not in any order and there are a few short ones but I was trying to get short vids that covered the run and not the spooling time so I would shut the vid off then start back up right after. Anyway I will clean the folder up later.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
But really it's deserved. Do I really need to mention that a boat load of us around here run the same injector setup, or bigger in our DD trucks?

I'm as diehard as they come Jake, but that OBS got voted in by the Chevy and Dodge guys that wanted the least amount of completion possible. IMO.

I know I know...

By time you make an obs competitive it would be hard to consider it an obs anymore.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Lol.. it could still look like one though.

live life full throttle

JD3020

Reaction score
There was a better option. Its a real long shot for a 7.3 to be halfway competitive in the DPC. And the last thing you want in DPC is a big ****ty lift, big tires, and a manual. I was not surprised one bit at how poorly it performed. Now drop it down to a reasonable height and tires, put a built auto in it, and i feel that it'd do a lot better.

BTW i'm building my truck how i feel a truck should be set-up. BTS, ECSB, 6k lbs, slightly lowered, 33" AT's, and some traction mods. Really really wanting to go to 05+ axles with 4-link in the front, but not sure if that'll happen right now.

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I voted for your Ex to get into the challenge but honestly a 66 as the High Pressure in a 6.0 is not gonna rocket to spool (not at Denver) and is not gonna produce good torque numbers on the dyno either.

A 6.0 with hybrids, a VGT with secondary wastegate, and two good stages of spray would be competitive. There is a reason that Elite loves VGT's.

Thanks! I considered a big VGT. I'm probably gunna go to 2.5 legal turbo and pull some around here now.

swinky

Reaction score
Says the guy with a 6 leaker that like to constantly give the owner the finger. :poke:

Everything wrong with the truck is my fault (besides gaskets). It's treated me pretty well for me doing 99% of the work myself in a parking lot with a 4 drawer plastic craftsman toolbox. I'm at the point now where I've done what I can and it's time to either sell it or pony up and get it done right.

02BigD

Reaction score
Everything wrong with the truck is my fault (besides gaskets). It's treated me pretty well for me doing 99% of the work myself in a parking lot with a 4 drawer plastic craftsman toolbox. I'm at the point now where I've done what I can and it's time to either sell it or pony up and get it done right.

Well, if you do need shop space, I usually have it available unless my 02 needs some attention, like it sits presently waiting for a convertor. I'm probably 1 or 1.5 hours away from you.

2good2Btru

Reaction score

Gaskets?

Note 3

co04cobra

Reaction score
I haven't/don't pay much attention to DPC. Not that I don't think its a cool event. Just to many DAsss that read the magazine and think whatever brand won, is the best out there and could easily be built in their driveway.

I can't take those kind of conversations so I just tell them I didn't see who had won this year.

Anyway.....

I am a diehard 7.3 guy (yes I do love my 6.4 too, but stupid reliability is nice) However, I'm NOT saying this b/c I think a 7.3 could/would/should win. I am only talking from show up and be competitive standpoint.

Obs Ex-sb. With a fully built engine, BTS, 400/400s and a really fine tuned set BB turbos + spray. Then add 05 up suspension and a 4 link with hopefully a guy that is good driver.

Yes it would be 40K, but that isn't out of the budget of the cost of these type of builds on any platform.

A few constructive posts from this and not pissing match would be great.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't/don't pay much attention to DPC. Not that I don't think its a cool event. Just to many DAsss that read the magazine and think whatever brand won, is the best out there and could easily be built in their driveway.

I can't take those kind of conversations so I just tell them I didn't see who had won this year.

Anyway.....

I am a diehard 7.3 guy (yes I do love my 6.4 too, but stupid reliability is nice) However, I'm NOT saying this b/c I think a 7.3 could/would/should win. I am only talking from show up and be competitive standpoint.

Obs Ex-sb. With a fully built engine, BTS, 400/400s and a really fine tuned set BB turbos + spray. Then add 05 up suspension and a 4 link with hopefully a guy that is good driver.

Yes it would be 40K, but that isn't out of the budget of the cost of these type of builds on any platform.

A few constructive posts from this and not pissing match would be great.

they have to push WAY too hard all the time just to make less power. reliability goes out the window along with consistency.

co04cobra

Reaction score
they have to push WAY too hard all the time just to make less power. reliability goes out the window along with consistency.

I agree with that. Reliability seems to be the biggest issue on HP builds. Some consistency might be able to be retained by getting miles on the build before the event.

And I don't think the last part applies to a 7.3, or ford, etc...

It's not going to make the all out power of the rest. Spending a lot of seat time to find the edge of the breaking point, and trying to keep it under that is my only thought on at least being competitive..?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with that. Reliability seems to be the biggest issue on HP builds. Some consistency might be able to be retained by getting miles on the build before the event.

And I don't think the last part applies to a 7.3, or ford, etc...

It's not going to make the all out power of the rest. Spending a lot of seat time to find the edge of the breaking point, and trying to keep it under that is my only thought on at least being competitive..?

definitely competitive.

Black 02

Reaction score
I wish the 7.3 did better, but I'm totally happy for him. I give him props for doing it with a handshaker.

I really like Beech's truck Clean. Not 18yr old fan boy looking like most of the posers. The trailer tow with guys who don't use mirrors shows who is a transplant from the import Tokyo drift scene..... :)

bigfords

Reaction score
I would have liked to see "the other OBS" option in there. He would have been much more competitive and he has a lot of experience.

In regards to the trailer tow, all those guys need is a sweet set of Dodge tow mirrors flipped up= automatic win.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
it had the NOS !!! prolly 700-750 at sea level... he is a good bit limp wristed for this here competition , as i had previously stated.

Yea I hear you there mike. SO the numbers posted on the other thread are the final numbers then. Man he did not get very far.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yea I hear you there mike. SO the numbers posted on the other thread are the final numbers then. Man he did not get very far.

I remember a couple guys saying dead last in every event. I believe he was close.

In his defense, the truck looked nice and well put together in person. Just not a competitive truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.