2014 DPC bs thread

dsberman94

Reaction score
Someone put a built 6.4 in an obs for next year. K thanx.

There would be so much confusion when it came to entering for voting. "1997 extended cab long bed 6.4".

Dave

Reaction score
So did Ryan do any hoggin in denver?

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I remember a couple guys saying dead last in every event. I believe he was close.

In his defense, the truck looked nice and well put together in person. Just not a competitive truck.

Yea I remember those quotes. I wonder where he placed all together?? He did not do as good as I hoped he would. I knew he could not win it. Just hoped he would place better. The Fords really did not do that great this year all around.

It only has 400/200.Why someone would want to enter a dpc with a average hp diesel is odd.

400/200 is not the problem imho. With compounds and NOS, He should have been a lot better then he was. I do not care if he was @ 6000 foot. With 400/200 and NOS he should have been a easy 700 plus. NOS is a game changer. Elevation does not affect it that much or at-least should not.

I get a laugh at the guys that dyno at high elevation with boat loads of NOS, and make lets say 850 hp. Then add the correction factor in there and say it would be 1050 or 1100 at sea level. hmmm maybe fuel only I could see it but with NOS, Forget it!

again number are just to have numbers.

dsberman94

Reaction score
When he entered for voting he said he had 400/400s. Not sure if they changed it thinking the 200 would to better at elevation for some reason or what.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
When he entered it wasn't running compounds I don't believe or 400% nozzles... In fact I am not sure it even had a motor in it at that time.

He has made a good amount of changes since then... I am guessing with the 200% he was thinking he was less likely break something. Unfortunately for a guy going in with a 7.3, you can't hold back at all.

uw mitch

Reaction score
I just saw a picture on Facebook that Dan Howard got the People's Choice Award! I hope he has it at the shop next time I swing by DFI Performance! :)

dsberman94

Reaction score
When he entered it wasn't running compounds I don't believe or 400% nozzles... In fact I am not sure it even had a motor in it at that time.

He has made a good amount of changes since then... I am guessing with the 200% he was thinking he was less likely break something. Unfortunately for a guy going in with a 7.3, you can't hold back at all.

Idk what was physically in it or going on with the engine at the time but here's the entry.
yzeqasy6.jpg

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Idk what was physically in it or going on with the engine at the time but here's the entry.
yzeqasy6.jpg

Well he was running an SRP1.1 and 400/200. Like I said, their shop is an hour from here so I dont know for sure...but pretty positive he hasn't ran the 400/400 and compounds were just installed weeks ago. For the modifications he had, he was a trout in a field of sharks... But I will give him props for getting there and competing until the end. They did break a couple of times, they even broke 2 trucks just trying to get to Colorado.... And nothing stopped them.

Hell we were voted in a year ago and never even showed up due to motor issues. So I give Dan huge props for completing the event, we probably would have been the laughing stock last year had we competed with the triple turbo'd 7.3 we built.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like I'm arguing Derek, so I hope I'm not coming off that way. I just can't figure out why you'd enter something but show up with something less than what you entered with, especially when you need absolutely all that you can get. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

But like you I will give props for making it all the way through. I'm sure he had a good time doing it too.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I agree. All I can figure is that he was afraid to break and thought if he lasted the whole event his chances were greater

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
What were they having to weld on the obs? Anyone know? Looked like the welds on up pipes or manifolds on Facebook....

Sounded like his truck had some serious issues. 400/200s compounds and nos should put down more than 571 even at altitude...if they were in fact 400/400's they definitely should have made more. Something was up with that truck for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
What were they having to weld on the obs? Anyone know? Looked like the welds on up pipes or manifolds on Facebook....

Sounded like his truck had some serious issues. 400/200s compounds and nos should put down more than 571 even at altitude...if they were in fact 400/400's they definitely should have made more. Something was up with that truck for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BAE headers.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, he stated on FB that he DID NOT spray the truck on the dyno. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what I read.

pog

Reaction score
I thought so...

So I'm not sure why everyone is talking about him spraying and only making 571... Lol.

why he didnt spray on the dyno..not like he was gonna leap ahead in the other events..

Latest posts

Members online