2015 6.7 whine at idle

blk99

Reaction score
Fits in stock location and uses stock fitting huh?

Where did you get it and how much?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Fits in stock location and uses stock fitting huh?

Where did you get it and how much?

Yup! Still want to drive it a couple of days and be 100% certain it'll stop the whine .

Price is 149$ shipped to your door. I bought it from Mike@ nolimitfab.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blk99

Reaction score
yea please keep us updated! i might even wait a few weeks to really make sure it solves it....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mine only did it with ford fiters, has never done it with WIX

think this is in order for me tho I like the way that looks.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well crap... didn't do it all day. Just got home turned off the truck. Before I went inside I remote started it just to see. Low and behold. The whine..... maybe it's me but it doesn't seem as loud? But it's definitely back.

Jomax

Reaction score
mine only did it with ford fiters, has never done it with WIX

think this is in order for me tho I like the way that looks.

I'm still whining..... could it be the orings on the quick connect fittings?

blk99

Reaction score
I heard from Steve Carter that its the orings.... he swapped out the fittings and it went away... but never did get what it took to swap fittings

Jomax

Reaction score
I heard from Steve Carter that its the orings.... he swapped out the fittings and it went away... but never did get what it took to swap fittings

Will see what they cost at ford. I doubt I can get them to cover it under warranty.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i can see the fittings being loose cuz every time i turn the key on, after it has set for a while, i can hear the pump re-priming as if the fuel drained back from a break in a seal somewhere..

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm still whining..... could it be the orings on the quick connect fittings?

I did have a factory ford filter that made a TON of noise after a service. I ended up taking the filter off and draining it because it sounded terrible. I think I greased the nipples a little on the filter and it went away. So you might be on to something. Generally tho it should leak or cause other issues as well. One other place to check is the frame filter, I know if I leave the key on and open the water drain valve it will make some noise up top as well. Might need to make sure that the oring on the fuel bowl is lubed with grease or oil rather than fuel as well as the water separator drain and the switch in the bottom of the bowl.

Jomax

Reaction score
I did have a factory ford filter that made a TON of noise after a service. I ended up taking the filter off and draining it because it sounded terrible. I think I greased the nipples a little on the filter and it went away. So you might be on to something. Generally tho it should leak or cause other issues as well. One other place to check is the frame filter, I know if I leave the key on and open the water drain valve it will make some noise up top as well. Might need to make sure that the oring on the fuel bowl is lubed with grease or oil rather than fuel as well as the water separator drain and the switch in the bottom of the bowl.

Not coming from under the frame.

Update. It does it sometimes but way less and it's quieter.

So I'm in the right direction. I'll probably put grease on the quick connect fittings then snap them back on and see.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah I realize the noise is at the filter up top but I noticed that the frame filter can effect that up top. I was wondering if there is a relief valve up there or something that could cause it? That's what it sounds like to me.

blk99

Reaction score
As of late, mine only starts making noise after it has sat at idle for a min or 2.... blip the the throttle and it goes away for another min or 2... where when i first bought the truck, it was loud anytime at idle no matter what...

blk99

Reaction score
Greased the oring extra good on this last filter change and greased the posts on the upper filter, so far so good....

Jomax

Reaction score
Greased the oring extra good on this last filter change and greased the posts on the upper filter, so far so good....

I need to take my lines apart and do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Update, anyone figure this out? H&S fuel filter housing didn't fix it, greasing the fittings didn't fix it.

And when I brought it to ford, of course it wasn't there...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Update, anyone figure this out? H&S fuel filter housing didn't fix it, greasing the fittings didn't fix it.

And when I brought it to ford, of course it wasn't there...

dammit man!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass