2015 test mule

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
a3yvusen.jpg
Oh, and towed this too. Did just fine plenty power while towing. Didn't get hot but didn't pull it that hard.

The truck has 1500 miles or so on it and has yet to get over 11-12 mpg.

Might be the way I use it. I understand while towing, but empty it should be better. It does run harder than the older version. The spool up I've gotten used to.

More to come.

Beautiful truck Morgan... I really love how you set it up.

Reaction score
Just to lunch with my favorite dimepiece from southern IL. Thing runs great and drives nice. Truck is almost as sharp as the owner!

Nice seeing you too pumpkin, thanks for lunch! And wtf do you get southern? Lol I'm pretty sure
Geographically dead center of Illinois no matter how you look. I'm central, your north central homie!

I must be gorgeous then.....

If you only knew..

B.Warning

Reaction score
Nice seeing you too pumpkin, thanks for lunch! And wtf do you get southern? Lol I'm pretty sure
Geographically dead center of Illinois no matter how you look. I'm central, your north central homie!

Dude you're talking to the guy that got lost leaving my place heading home.... Then proceeds to call me and bltch about being lost, like I really know where the hell he is when he says he's at the intersection with grain bins.

Wait.... He's got lost going to your place to.... With GPS nonetheless.

He's just a special, window licking, little retard you can't help but like.

LOL

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Jared could you tell there was more lag taking off with the truck? Truck looks awesome Morgan those wheels really set it off. Are you going to PTM anything or leave it the way it is?

Sent from a lawn mower

Reaction score
Jared could you tell there was more lag taking off with the truck? Truck looks awesome Morgan those wheels really set it off. Are you going to PTM anything or leave it the way it is?

Sent from a lawn mower

Thanks, it's getting factory ptm flares, grill surround and harely style lights. Unfortunately, it's not an opinion that it has more lag. The '15 turbo is not as impressive as was hoped. Especially after I had the time to tear one down and measure wheels and get the full scoop on the new turbo. It's basically the same turbo only with a single compressor instead of dual, which is why it spools slower. The dual compressor wheel will never be beat for it's instant spool up.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
That'll look good once finished. I saw a new ram yesterday that had to be pretty similar to the ford magnetic color and it also had a lot of flake in it. And way to screw us Ford .. Lol

Sent from a lawn mower

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not an opinion that it has more lag. The '15 turbo is not as impressive as was hoped. Especially after I had the time to tear one down and measure wheels and get the full scoop on the new turbo. It's basically the same turbo only with a single compressor instead of dual, which is why it spools slower. The dual compressor wheel will never be beat for it's instant spool up.

Thats great news for guys with older 6.7's lol. Looks like I will be keeping my 1.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks, it's getting factory ptm flares, grill surround and harely style lights. Unfortunately, it's not an opinion that it has more lag. The '15 turbo is not as impressive as was hoped. Especially after I had the time to tear one down and measure wheels and get the full scoop on the new turbo. It's basically the same turbo only with a single compressor instead of dual, which is why it spools slower. The dual compressor wheel will never be beat for it's instant spool up.

Do you have any pictures of the tear down and turbo set up on the '15 you took apart? I have not see under the hood of the new one to see how different the turbo and piping looks.

Last edited:

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Will the 15 turbo be able to push more air compared to the 11-14?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I doubt it will push more. The compressor wheel is pretty much the equivalent to the dual comp wheels in the earlier turbos. It should be a more reliable setup because its not going to turn as many rpm but less rpm means less airflow. So for a tuned truck that wants the power to stay the same but be more reliable, the '15 turbo should be a good choice.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I doubt it will push more. The compressor wheel is pretty much the equivalent to the dual comp wheels in the earlier turbos. It should be a more reliable setup because its not going to turn as many rpm but less rpm means less airflow. So for a tuned truck that wants the power to stay the same but be more reliable, the '15 turbo should be a good choice.

Thanks for the input.

I want to be more reliable and more power than current turbo. Still thinking a single gt4094 is going to be my answer.

Clean-15

Reaction score
I hope you're right, I've based my ordering a 2015 off of this theory. :lookaround: Time will tell.

PDT1081

Reaction score
My 15 is not torn apart. I have a brand new '15 turbo sitting here. Under hood is basically the exact same minus a different charger. Most parts are interchangeable.

Are the exhaust housings interchangeable? I.e. if someone were to make a drop in replacement that utilizes a factory exhaust housing, would it work on the 11-14 trucks as well?

Better question, WILL anybody make a drop in replacement that utilizes the factory exhaust housing? Or is that something that would be cost prohibitive when compared to a full single "kit"?

Latest posts

Members online