250/200s sooner than later.....

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
If jason and bills willing it would be amazing to finally get difinitive numbers.
Stock wheel - 1.0
Stock wheel - 1.15
BMW - 1.0
BMW - 1.15

We already have 2

Back pressure numbers and egt #'s would be the icing..

Smokin6-0

Reaction score
If jason and bills willing it would be amazing to finally get difinitive numbers.
Stock wheel - 1.0
Stock wheel - 1.15
BMW - 1.0
BMW - 1.15

We already have 2

Exactly. This is a great chance to see some real world results

TARM

Reaction score
Bill do think that possibly changing the fueling could have an effect with the new setup?

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Stock wheel - 1.0
Stock wheel - 1.15
BMW - 1.0
BMW - 1.15

We already have 2

That's the approach I'm taking. Since I don't have to pull the turbo to change the wheel, I'll pop the original back on and see what we get. If the numbers don't improve significantly (or at all) then after that we'll yank the turbo and put the 1.0 back on with the BMW. I must say that I'm having my suspicions that the housing might be the bigger factor here, but we'll know soon enough.

Bill do think that possibly changing the fueling could have an effect with the new setup?

Actually, I played with both fueling and timing and couldn't get back any of the power I lost. I just made it worse. Looks to me like a definite turbo issue at this point, although I've yet to identify if the BMW, the 1.15, or both had an adverse effect.

TARM

Reaction score
OK figured you likely had but wasn't sure.

Are we sure this is the correct 1.15 housing and not a van 1.15. Are the 1.15 38r housing still very scarce?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
OK figured you likely had but wasn't sure.

Are we sure this is the correct 1.15 housing and not a van 1.15. Are the 1.15 38r housing still very scarce?

I bought the housing brand new from beans he had 1 he tracked down for me at the time a couple months ago

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Lucky you. So you can check that off the list. Good.

Im thinking its prob going to end up making the most power with either just the 1.15 housing or with the stock housing modded like JAP posted after seeing Matt said he saw good results with the 38r like that... I really don't think the batmowheel is gonna be on the truck in the end lol.... Which was my bad for jumping on the bandwagon after hearing all the guys talk about how great it is

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
X2..... I'm going to pull the turbo this weekend and do the drill through mod to the exhaust housing. And put the stock wheel back on.

Last edited:

Wicked

Reaction score
Any pictures of the 1.15 that you have? I know you said it was for a 38r and even Beans said it was but loosing 30hp does not sound right. I noticed a slight improvement with the batmowheel over the old stock wheel... in egts mostly. It just sounds like a loss of 30 hp, higher egts, and loss of boost pressure sounds like too large of a turbine housing... not a bad compressor wheel...

When you switch the wheel we will see.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Any pictures of the 1.15 that you have? I know you said it was for a 38r and even Beans said it was but loosing 30hp does not sound right. I noticed a slight improvement with the batmowheel over the old stock wheel... in egts mostly. It just sounds like a loss of 30 hp, higher egts, and loss of boost pressure sounds like too large of a turbine housing... not a bad compressor wheel...

When you switch the wheel we will see.

I will see if I can find some, I took a couple of pictures of it when I got it before I sent it out for ceramic coating, Im pretty sure it had 1.15 stamped on it but it's been a while since I have had it in my hand and as far as I know they don't really make any other housing for the 38r do they?

TARM

Reaction score
It is very likely he could have lost all that power from the Slowmowheel. So it may not be an issue with the 1.15 at all. The only way we are going to know is when Bill either swaps out the BMW or puts back on the originally 1.0 housing. Then we will know.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It is very likely he could have lost all that power from the Slowmowheel. So it may not be an issue with the 1.15 at all. The only way we are going to know is when Bill either swaps out the BMW or puts back on the originally 1.0 housing. Then we will know.

I have been reading a lot and most everything I have read said the 1.15 housing is the best way to go on a 38r I mean I know not every combo will work the same on every truck but it seems across the board that everyone that has put that housing on likes it

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the two housings side by side.

turbo_housings.jpg

Here are the compressor wheels... Wicked Wheel, Stock 38R, and BMW

compressor_wheels.jpg

As soon as I process the video, I'll post it up. :)

Last edited:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I forgot to grab the dyno data before I left the shop. As soon as I can get back by there, I'll grab the data files and post up the data.

Wicked

Reaction score
Yea that does look exactly like my 1.15 housing... must be the compressor wheel I guess...

When will the results be back? If the stock wheel and 1.15 makes less power then I am sending this wheel back for failure to perform.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.