250/200s sooner than later.....

neverkickn

Reaction score
This truck is so sharp!!! I even like the older grill and bumper. Some fat singles in the rear would look freakin sick!!!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
This truck is so sharp!!! I even like the older grill and bumper. Some fat singles in the rear would look freakin sick!!!

It looks good from the drivers side angle lol, the guy I got the truck from, bought it not running from a hot shot driver, before the the injectors let go the guy who had it first drove out from under his gooseneck with the tailgate up, and killed the passenger side rear bed corner.... It's "fixed" to a degree but it really needs a new bed, you aren't the first person to mention super singles out back those would be nasty and help with the no traction thing lol.... The only reason I haven't messed much with the looks of the truck is because I kinda dig the "work truck" look and since all my money has gone into making it run better.... I got the lowering kit for it so hopefully soon I can start making it look a little nicer

TARM

Reaction score
Well if you are eventually wanting to go to a bigger single that still lites down low and spools fast I can not recommend teh gtx4294r more highly. IMO it is the perfect balance for perf street truck that is going to be used to do it all. A may have been one of the first to get one for a 7.3 on these forums but a number of guys are running it now and have put it thru the rope more than I. Maybe they can pipe up if you ask about it when you get ready or by then I will have run mine a good bit more and harder as I will have the BTS finally in .

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It blew up!

Jk

Bill is playing with the Turbo and stuff now so when he gets done I'm sure he will post up all the cold hard facts good or bad.... so you guys will know as soon as i do!

TARM

Reaction score
You know just how hard you are temping fate making jokes like that :poke:

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
looks like i may have to look into bill live tuning my truck this summer after I drop my injectors in. It will be cool to see what a batmo38r will do and how long it will last for that matter.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Just to give everyone an update, I did get the BMW installed this weekend. The problem is that I also changed the exhaust housing on the turbo from a 1.0 Wastegated to the 1.15 non-Wastegated so I pretty much invalidated the testing. The results we ended up with were a loss of 30 HP, a loss of 4 PSI boost, and 100º higher EGTs at 3500 RPM. Since this is obviously a step in the wrong direction, I am going to pull the turbo back off, put the Wastegated housing back on, and retest to get the final results on the BMW.

I'm sorry for the delay as I know a lot of people are waiting to hear the dyno and datalog results. I'll get the done as quickly as possible (Tuesday or Wednesday) and will report back with more valid data.

One good thing to come out of this... The BMW with a 1.15 A/R housing is definitely NOT a good combination. :doh:

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
LOL I so saw this coming...

Sorry bud, I would've saved my cash for a T4 mount before I bought a Batblowwheel.

TARM

Reaction score
It could be the lack of the wg not controlling BP somewhat. You would be surprised the effect the WG properly setup can have. I still am somewhat skeptical its the WG or just the WG. As the 1.15 almost always picks up top end power. Combine that with the way you have fuel and timing coming in I would think it would have helped. At the very least the larger housing should have countered some of the drive pressure the WG had handled.

To bad you were not monitoring EBP as well.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I had the same results lost all over with the 1.15..egts, top end, smoke, put the 1.0 back on and bam gtg. I want to see the results of the BMW and 1.0 to see if I'm puttin the stock wheel back on. I bet it still losses power with the BMW from my sotp meter.
Btw my cam helps with backpressure from what Matt told me.

Now stock wheel and 1.15 may be a totally different story.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah every thing I have ever read says that the 1.15 housing is perfect on the 38r.... so that leads me to believe the batmowheel is a $400 paperweight ... at least it looks cool lmao

Wicked

Reaction score
Bill, anyway you could toss the stock wheel back on with the 1.15 and run it again?

I noticed the opposite with my BMW and 1.15... still breaking in the engine but I noticed my DD tune of about 400hp is WAY better with the BMW over the stock wheel. I did switch it to hot once and its crazy amount of power with instant spool. I see 1000 temp in DD under 3/4 throttle flat road acceleration... feels like more power and less egt by 50 before the wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.