250/200s sooner than later.....

TARM

Reaction score
OH sure have a sheet with all the numbers and no math to do. That takes all the fun out of it. LOL

Yes Bill that is very helpful.

907Dave

I take it that's the one you were talking about?

TARM

Reaction score
I am just glad it shows my math was right. I had to knock all the cobwebs out of my head.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Looked what just showed up! Can't wait to get it in!

2012-05-10_10-47-22_156.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
Ha Ha Guess what just showed up at my house too LOL In fact I just unscrewed the top off the shipping crate a few minutes ago and snapped a pic.

Finally will now have a BTS behind this engine so I can have the tunes cranked up to full power and loose the defueling on shifts.

P1050164.jpg

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ha Ha Guess what just showed up at my house too LOL In fact I just unscrewed the top off the shipping crate a few minutes ago and snapped a pic.

Finally will now have a BTS behind this engine so I can have the tunes cranked up to full power and loose the defueling on shifts.

P1050164.jpg

Haha good deal man! Can't wait to see what yours is gonna do! The transmission gods must have been smiling down on us today lol

TARM

Reaction score
Did you guys get your trans directly from BTS and did you pay the extra for residential delivery?

I guess I am cheap as I had them deliver to the nearest commercial depot and went and picked it up.

It wasn't bad at all. The crate had two hand grips on the sides so I was able to grab pick it up and put it in the back. Thought it would be heavier but was not that bad. Wish my arms were a few inches longer LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Did you guys get your trans directly from BTS and did you pay the extra for residential delivery?

I guess I am cheap as I had them deliver to the nearest commercial depot and went and picked it up.

It wasn't bad at all. The crate had two hand grips on the sides so I was able to grab pick it up and put it in the back. Thought it would be heavier but was not that bad. Wish my arms were a few inches longer LOL

Nope I actually got mine second hand out of SmokeyReds truck, but I wouldn't have paid the extra for residential delivery either! Probably much cheaper just to drive to a local commercial loading dock!

JD3020

Reaction score

You picked the whole trans up by yourself?

TARM

Reaction score
Yes Although my gut seems to have increased a good bit as of late and kind of got in the way LOL Guess that is why I felt I was in want of a bit longer arms :doh:

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Mine came from twisted in VA and I forgot what the price difference was in having it shipped here to my house over a business address but it was only like $45-60 I think... Was gonna have it shipped to my buddies work but spending as much as I did I wanted to make sure I got my hands on it as soon as possible lol

As for picking it up, twisted ships in a big plastic container and there's no way I could get my arms in a place to even attempt to pick it up lol

TARM

Reaction score
Yeh without the hand holds I doubt I could have carried it. Was kind of surprised as I thought it was going to be a bit heavier as everything about diesels seems to weight a ton LOL but was only awkward. My box was all 3/4" ply screwed onto a 2by frame. The Trans strapped to the bottom inside. It was the nice rounds handle holes on the sides that was the really nice part for me. This was the perfect dimensions for shipping a trans. I plan to keep it just in case.

I am guessing by the way it felt the thing weighed around 350-370 all together.

I swear opening that crate was like being a kid at X-mas LOL After all the UPS guy is called the brown Santa right!?!

I can not believe how brand new these things look when they come back from being rebuilt. This trans has well over 200K on it as it was built the first time by BTS 200K ago so it still had all its original miles on it as well. This thing looks almost new if I did not know better. Apparently the solenoid pack wasn't in good enough condition so that got replaced as well. Other than the freshly painted case I am not sure what is not new inside LOL

No mistaking those Twisted Trans with that paint color. Seems like we now have a few different color trans by builders. What would you call the Twisted Color?

I look forward to hearing how the Twisted Trans works for ya.

What level trans did you get and what if any extra upgrades? What is their warranty?

If I had not had this BTS deal basically fall into my lap I was seriously considering going with Twisted as I am in Va as well. I have heard nothing but good things.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I think the weight on the shipping label was 315, I'm not sure what color it looks like a mix of a few different factory ford colors when to see it in person Im unsure if they have came up with their own nickname for it. And you are right it's hard to tell this thing was built from a used case its spotless...

I got the level 2, from the conversations I had with twisted they said with my truck being 2wd and knowing I'm not gonna be running slicks or anything it should be plenty, as for the warranty it's for 2 years and off the top of my head I can't remember the mileage.

I will certainly keep everyone updated on how it's doing, Im probably not going to know what to do with myself having a trans that Actually shifts like is supposed to lol

By the way have you ran your ex before? Better yet do you have a video? I Would love to see a big ol excursion on 40" tires hauling some ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope I actually got mine second hand out of SmokeyReds truck, but I wouldn't have paid the extra for residential delivery either! Probably much cheaper just to drive to a local commercial loading dock!

isn't that the one that is a e4od with a 4r100 case without the hole drilled in it for the speed sensor? or is it a e4od case that needs a hole drilled for the sensor?

twisted tranny color looks almost like IH red

Latest posts

Members online