250/200s sooner than later.....

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Looks like fun! You're going to need some tires soon LOL

Haha yeah, I'm just speeding up the process. Seriously tho I really dont go around actin a fool ALL the time, these tires have been on about 2 1/2 years and were el cheepos well as cheap as 4 load range e tires get. The thing is being 2wd I never hook I can't do any kind of a boosted launch without blowing the tires off, it was that way with just the stage 1s and now its even worse lol

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok guys, so I have been reading, watching some videos and what not and I really wanna be able to put my truck in the 12's a 12.99 would be ok with me (for now lol) First off being that my truck is a 2wd and a dually really hampers my chances of getting it to hook at all so I know I have to make up for that on down the track and besides putting my truck on a diet such as loosing the spare/toolbox/tailgate I'm torn as to wether I should just add "boost juice" to my water meth kit or throw my nitrous kit on I know I'm gambling with using either but I really wanna get some decent times out of it.. Now bill has seen great results using the meth to lower his times but I wasn't sure it would be enough on my truck.. I'm running the stage 1 coolingmist kit and so far it's had nothing more than washer fluid/cutting oil ran thru it, if I try and use this to lower my times I will be adding there progressive controller along with the 7 gallon tank and ordering some boost juice as for the nitrous kit I have a brand new in the package kit for my old mustang that I could adapt to make work.... I know that my 38r is being pushed pretty hard as it is so what I'm hoping for might not even be possible. I just thought some of y'all might have some insight on making something work, or just tell me to STFU before I scatter parts all over SC/GA lol

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Take that setup and throw it in a reg cab and go fast homeboy.... Start off with a lighter truck

Trust me if I had a regular cab truck at my disposal I would... But then again lots of people are going fast in regular cab trucks these days, while doing it in the dually won't set any records or be "fast" compared to what a lot of guys are running today I already have the dually and wanna see how fast we can make it for what I have to work with

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Slicks and a good set of traction bars.

I think the nitrous is where I would go just because you can control when it comes in and get more out of it. You could hold the spray untill you were at the 660 or even farther so traction will not be as much of an issue then spray the the whole back half.

TARM

Reaction score
He can spray the issue is he will need to add a external waste gate to handle all the extra exhaust from the NOS or it will send BP and wheel speed thru the roof. But with a large waste gate he will be fine. He can then spray till he gets the power he is looking for or breaks something.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
HE can spray Then he can spray till he gets the power he is looking for or breaks something.

Say what? LoL I don't really have a certain power goal in mind I was just hoping that I could spray enough on the top end to make up for not having any traction when I launch, I'm trying to keep the truck as unassuming as possible and dont plan on going to the track and start pulling my wheels and tires and swapping stuff around once I get there, I really wanna stick to street tires so I can drive it to the track make a few passes and drive on back home.. I fully understand I maybe asking to much and not be able to get the times Im hoping for I was just throwing out ideas I had... By the way for the record when it comes to my ideas they are usually bad and end up costing me a lot of money lmao

TyCorr

Reaction score
Say what? LoL I don't really have a certain power goal in mind I was just hoping that I could spray enough on the top end to make up for not having any traction when I launch, I'm trying to keep the truck as unassuming as possible and dont plan on going to the track and start pulling my wheels and tires and swapping stuff around once I get there, I really wanna stick to street tires so I can drive it to the track make a few passes and drive on back home.. I fully understand I maybe asking to much and not be able to get the times Im hoping for I was just throwing out ideas I had... By the way for the record when it comes to my ideas they are usually bad and end up costing me a lot of money lmao

Tarm is right. You can tune.the gate to keep drive.pressure in check. If you just.sprayed it as is and didnt add a wastegate you blow the charger to pieces.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
He can spray the issue is he will need to add a external waste gate to handle all the extra exhaust from the NOS or it will send BP and wheel speed thru the roof. But with a large waste gate he will be fine. He can then spray till he gets the power he is looking for or breaks something.

That's what I'm sayin, you can't just spray the truck as it sits without asking for problems not having an external gate.

Why not do something like four link the rear end with coil overs, then you can preload the suspension to hook, and still run street tires? Maybe I'm wrong here, just throwing out ideas.

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Ok, that makes a lot more sense! I wish I could run a waste gate setup like irate sells with their t4 up pipes, all the waste gate setups I have seen with he 38r are plumbed directly into thr exahaust housing. Like I said seeing things like this I more than likely won't do it just throwing out ideas thanks for the insight guys I appreciate that more than just don't do it or something gauge like that

Latest posts

Members online