250/200s sooner than later.....

Lowdown89

Reaction score

Agreed. Better to sell the 38r and get some cash than cook it and junk it.

Check out Jake/Irate's Systems... The S471 or S467 are pretty sweet T4 setups. Call Jake... he seems to generally discount when you buy the whole package. :evil

Im sure it won't be optimal, but after buying the injectors and the trans i won't have the extra even cash if I sold the 38r... Seeing as Im paying bill to do all the work I have to factor in labor cost along with everything else since for 1 all I have is a driveway to work in no shop, I have a jacked up shoulder that until I have surgery I can't really use my left arm for wrenching on things and the most important part that bill knows way more about 7.3s than I I ever will.. He isn't going to tune it to run on the ragged edge so I should be able to keep the turbo alive for a while. After I recoup from the cost of buying what I have now I'm going to start saving for a t4 setup but even then I'm still not going to try for much more power than I will have now so I don't worry about destroying the engine since it's just on factory forged rods

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok so the injectors are in, and bill said it's running great just off some off the shelf tunes he is gonna use until I get my trans from twisted thst I ordered today and all the other parts on so he can get it dialed in.... Now while I'm waiting on the trans I'm looking for any small stuff I could get to help in cleaning up under the hood because I really want it looking as nice as possible under there when it's all said and done So if anyone has any ideas on things I can do feel free to post them up!

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Ok so the injectors are in, and bill said it's running great just off some off the shelf tunes he is gonna use until I get my trans from twisted thst I ordered today and all the other parts on so he can get it dialed in.... Now while I'm waiting on the trans I'm looking for any small stuff I could get to help in cleaning up under the hood because I really want it looking as nice as possible under there when it's all said and done So if anyone has any ideas on things I can do feel free to post them up!

I talked to Buddy today heard you got the ball rolling on the twisted tranny. You won't be disappointed man. Can't wait to see how your new set-up does once its all complete.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I talked to Buddy today heard you got the ball rolling on the twisted tranny. You won't be disappointed man. Can't wait to see how your new set-up does once its all complete.

Haha yeah I cant wait either! Gonna be nice driving a truck where I'm not worried about the trans saying F U lol

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Have Bill detune it & keep out of it till the converter locks & the stocker will do fine for awhile.

That's what I plan on, my stock trans is already going downhill from when I had the stage 1s in it, I don't plan on running it really hard until I get the new trans in... Atleast no launching it hard or anything like that I'm sure I will roll in to it Atleast once ok maybe twice lol

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Just talked with bill and minus a problem with my fuel pressure dropping to 25psi under WOT the truck is making 520/1030.... I'm running the CPR fuel system from diesel site but I still have a parts store replacement fuel pump on it. I have a walbro pump to go on it so that's next I guess . After that gets straightened out it will be time to throw the batmowheel on

TyCorr

Reaction score
Is.that 520 limited.by the.charger? Thats ***kin impressive. Have you.driven it yet?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
No, bill thinks it's got some more in it and like i said those were just his off the shelf tunes he hasn't started live tuning it yet. And no I havent drove it since I dropped it off with him so he could take the stage 1s out to use in the guys truck who came up from his trip to Disney world and needed my injectors so he could get back home to Louisiana

Lowdown89

Reaction score
540/1137 with some tweaking on the tunes, that's without the water/meth turned on, the batmowheel or the 1.15 housing. That's still with the fuel pressure dropping to 25 psi at WOT he said he was trying some different things but never got the fuel pressure to come up But did get it to make more power lol.... He also called bob at diesel site to discuss the fuel pressure issues and bob is supposed to be sending him a pump to try. I'm sure on the street the trans wont hold up long so I really can't wait to get the trans from twisted in. Bill said later tonight he was gonna upload the videos he took so hopefully i can get em uploaded and posted

Powersmoker

Reaction score
Awesome numbers, can't wait to see the results with the batmowheel and Twisted transmission.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Nice congrats man Im waiting to see the final numbers with the batmowheel/1.15 and a fuel pump.. Might be a new 38r record.

Jason you should look into the irate dual sd pump kit with pre and post filters.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
No kidding!

I wonder what he was getting for back pressure and EGT's?

I'm not sure, I know bill is monitoring them and didn't say anything about them so I'm guessing he has it in check... As far at the fuel system goes I'm waiting to see what bob has to offer for us to try since I'm already running his CPR fuel system I have a sump im waiting to add so maybe that will do away with any issues I could possibly have getting fuel to the pump and keep things a little happier. I'm really anxious to get the fuel issue fixed so we can get the batmowheel on since I still haven't seen anyone with dyno numbers yet. I don't know if I'm making use of all the fuel possible and if not I also have a nitrous kit i could throw on. I don't know how long the turbo would last but I would love to say I made 600 on a 38r lol.....also I know bill saw some big gains running the boost juice in his water/meth setup but i have never ran it thru mine ,just washer fluid So maybe that would do it

Latest posts

Members online