250/200s sooner than later.....

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Here is a video of one of the dyno runs.... You can see the fuel pressure dropping down way to low. He also added the graph of the run at the end..

Ok I took the link out since it didn't work and bill posted up all the Info... I'm certainly grinning right now.... I it's not crazy 6.4 power but I'm happy for a 7.3 with a 38r lol

Last edited:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Okay kiddies... Here are your Easter Eggs!

Dyno Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phR9EAgDZUI

Notice that the fuel pressure gauge drops to 25 PSI during the run. That can't be good. :cursing:

Here is the dyno plot which include the "Modified Stock" and the "Extreme Race" programs:

(click on image to enlarge)
jason_seay_stage_3_single_250_200_sm.jpg

And finally, here is the datalog of the run:

http://www.gopowerhungry.com/images/vehicles/jason_seay/140x_stage_3_final.xls

ENJOY! :toast:

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
That is some great power numbers given the fuel and air its running.

Whats the max PW you have this tune running ?

Power Hungry

Reaction score

Check the datalog and all will be revealed... :doh: LOL

(In case you can't open an Excel spreadsheet, it's 2.70 ms. :D )

Lowdown89

Reaction score

I think all that is in the link to the datalog he posted, I can't make out what any of it is from my phone or I would try and tell ya

ToMang07

Reaction score
Check the datalog and all will be revealed... :doh: LOL

(In case you can't open an Excel spreadsheet, it's 2.70 ms. :D )

Bill, what kind of pressures and EGTs were the 38r seeing on that run? I was leaning away from the 38r before due to wanting over 500hp.... now.... well....maybe not.

Either way, I can't wait to see what it does with the housing on and the fuel pressure fixed! :toast:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Very nice, looking forward to the batmowheel numbers!

Cough##hype hype## cough....

I wouldnt save a lot of.hope for the batmo to.do much for.peak.numbers with a 38r. They dont have a bad spot. Even with stock fuel. Much, much less so with whats going.on here.

Power Hungry

Reaction score

I wouldnt save a lot of.hope for the batmo to.do much for.peak.numbers with a 38r. They dont have a bad spot. Even with stock fuel. Much, much less so with whats going.on here.

That's EXACTLY what we're going to find out this week! :redspotdance: Just need to fix the fuel delivery issue first.

Lowdown89

Reaction score

I do agree with you, but I bought it soooooooo I want to finally see it tested as best as we possibly can and I know bill will do that... Like i said there will be no sugar coating and trying to hide any facts. If it sucks and makes less power i have no problem saying I jumped on the bandwagon and wasted $399... Maybe I will get lucky and we will see the magical unicorn powers and it's gonna make 60 extra Hp and 231 extra ft lbs lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just think the common denominator.is.coming out into the open, as we speak. It.will show.gains.over a stock cast wheel just by design. But a traditional billet wheel will be.more.efficient.than a batmo which will be more.efficient.than a cast wheel.

Ive wasted.more.than 400 dollars on exhaust.tips.so.Im not poking.fun at anyone. I hope im so indiscriminately wrong that I have to eat crow.

In closing, I mostly decided against this.option after about.two.days of.my head.swimming.from the hype. Mostly because I figured.with what I wanted to do with my truck would result in my 38r being.fed air by a s488 or something similar. That would let my hp charger hum along ~20psi. Hardly where id.need a.custom wheel. A fast towing setup.is what Im.after..

Power Hungry

Reaction score
One of the other points behind the BMW is that is supposed much quieter than the stock wheel or even the billet wheel. How true that is and whether it's worth $400.00 to make the turbo quiet (assuming no significant power gain) is another matter entirely. Should have a fuel pump in the truck by Wed. and then we'll start playing with the turbo.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I can tell you it's not any quieter on my truck. But I'm wondering if having the whole turbo balanced would quiet it down. Ive herd from a few trusted sources you can have the stock 38r balanced to a tighter spec then factory and its not any louder then a stocker.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Well, that's sure a disappointment. But when you're making close to 550 HP, who gives a crap if the turbo is loud! LOL LOL LOL Just thought it would be a nice benefit.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Well, that's sure a disappointment. But when you're making close to 550 HP, who gives a crap if the turbo is loud! LOL LOL LOL Just thought it would be a nice benefit.

I'd be pissed if I was pushing 500hp and it was quiet! :mad:

2000wa250

Reaction score
This thread has me extremely excited to get on the dyno in may. I have these same injectors and a s467 with the billet wheel. 550 is my goal so if that is being achieved with a 38r I can't wait to see what I can get with the bigger turbo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Power Hungry

Reaction score
For these injectors, I was looking at an S467 or even an S472, so I think you're going to be in good shape on power output. I'm really curious as to just what can be accomplished with an S472 and 300's. I'd imagine that it would put the truck at a conservative 600 HP. :D

Latest posts

Members online