250/200s sooner than later.....

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Once I can sell some body parts or plasma or something like that I will be getting a t4 setup and whatever Turbo bill thinks will work best. Until then I will just play with the 38r and see what all we or well bill can get out of it

dietoremain

Reaction score
Once I can sell some body parts or plasma or something like that I will be getting a t4 setup and whatever Turbo bill thinks will work best. Until then I will just play with the 38r and see what all we or well bill can get out of it

I love your truck jason! Keep it up. Im glad Im not the only 2wd go who wouldnt be afraid to crank up the power!

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yea. I bet it lights instantly with the 38r though. I know for the couple weeks I had my 250/200 with the tnbb it was instant spool and an absolute joy to drive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Bill said the transmission doesn't like to be hammered on like it is so I have no idea how it drives but I'm sure it does spool stupid quick, I really can't wait to get the twisted trans in... I realllllllyyyyyyy wish I could make it happen so I could have a t4 setup a a decent sized charger I would love to make 600 but I'm gonna enjoy this and make the most out of it until the money is there to upgrade. I'm still wondering how the truck would do with nitrous to clear up the extra fuel the 38r can't do anything with. But that may just be to much for the 38r to handle I do plan on getting some "boost juice" for sure and see what it does instead of the washer fluid that's in there now after I get the leak that has developed figured out

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Yeah... With as much power as was being produced, we overshot the 1-2 shift. Need to back that sucker WAAAAAY down to shift correctly. LOL

One thing that I found interesting was that with the target ICP at 3100 PSI we only saw about 43% Duty Cycle on the IPR with the Adrenaline. That was not quite what I had expected as we usually see ICP falling off (or IPR aggressively climbing) on injectors larger than 200cc, so this was a pleasant surprise. :D Once the fuel delivery is cleared up and the shifting is corrected, I think we're going to see some really interesting stuff.

I'm really glad that we are able to share what we're learning on this setup. The ability to take things one step at a time and document each upgrade is really exciting and I hope that others will find this information useful.

Enjoy!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah... With as much power as was being produced, we overshot the 1-2 shift. Need to back that sucker WAAAAAY down to shift correctly. LOL

One thing that I found interesting was that with the target ICP at 3100 PSI we only saw about 43% Duty Cycle on the IPR with the Adrenaline. That was not quite what I had expected as we usually see ICP falling off (or IPR aggressively climbing) on injectors larger than 200cc, so this was a pleasant surprise. :D Once the fuel delivery is cleared up and the shifting is corrected, I think we're going to see some really interesting stuff.

I'm really glad that we are able to share what we're learning on this setup. The ability to take things one step at a time and document each upgrade is really exciting and I hope that others will find this information useful.

Enjoy!

This is the exciting part for me me, just because so many times I see people throw a bunch of parts on and I wonder what a certain part did or how different things perform on a truck... That's why I can't say enough about the time bill is putting into the truck anstesting and denoting and documenting what is being done... Hopefully this will be able to help others who may be looking into doing some of the same things Im having done! Oh and I'm super curious to see what it will run at the track I got a few boys with some fox bodies with bolt ons that think they are hot chit that I would love to shut up

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Oh and I'm super curious to see what it will run at the track I got a few boys with some fox bodies with bolt ons that think they are hot chit that I would love to shut up

Hope you're planning on some slicks, because there's no way on earth you're going to hold traction on your stock tires. :pointlaugh: :doh:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Hope you're planning on some slicks, because there's no way on earth you're going to hold traction on your stock tires. :pointlaugh: :doh:

Ok, so maybe it won't go to the track and i will just always go from a roll on the street... I really need to get rid of the 4.10 gears seeing as the biggest thing I haul is my car trailer I would love to find some 3.73's or 3.55's that way I can run from a roll of 45-50mph and not run out of gear way to quick because most of the cars I will be running will want to go farther than the short distance I would get out of those gears... Any reasonable rear end shops around there bill? Unless you wanna change the Gears too lol

Power Hungry

Reaction score
We can change the gears if you want. It's not a big deal. I'd probably go with the 3.73 set. Just let me know what you want to do.

I wasn't trying to discourage you from running at the track, just keep in mind that you're going to have to go easy off the line for the first 60-100 ft. I'm sure you'd make it up on the other end of the track! :D

Lowdown89

Reaction score
We can change the gears if you want. It's not a big deal. I'd probably go with the 3.73 set. Just let me know what you want to do.

I wasn't trying to discourage you from running at the track, just keep in mind that you're going to have to go easy off the line for the first 60-100 ft. I'm sure you'd make it up on the other end of the track! :D

If I can find a good set for a decent price I will... Richie and I rebuilt the factory limited slip unit and added a new abs ring after one of the spider gears exploded a while back so all that should be good just need the gears. And I know you weren't trying to discourage me but I know that with the 4.10s its screaming pretty quickly especially cruising on the highway

Lowdown89

Reaction score

I can get a 3.73 gear set that is the thin set to work in my 4.10 carrier and the install kit for $500 all brand new I think I'm going to do that

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan... my man!

i hope, gotta see what else we might need to make the truck perform as best as possible, i really want traction bars so it migh be a toss up between those and the gears for now... and of course i need some shiny plenums you got sitting in the showcase ;)

Lowdown89

Reaction score
3.73 will be fine. Should have came that way from the factory.

That's what I was thinking... Every rear end I have found for sale except for 1 has been 4.10 the thing is I only have So much cash to play with right now and I'm not sure if I can swing traction bars and the gears so it's gonna have to be one or the other. Man I need to hit a scratch off ticket or something lol thats all 10k or so would be fine with me for now

Latest posts

Members online