30lb of boost on 38R

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
tried to upload attachment but it came up invalid file. Went for a run up the road. Couldnt get into top gear to much traffic. Just wanted to see what MAP I was getting with the boost fooler disconnected.

MAP = 29.3 Mass fuel desired = 63.38 Exhaust Back Press = 40.6 ACcel. Pedal Pos = 50.2 RPM = 2794 ICP = 3288 D/C % = 34.37 PW 1.03.

And another
MAP = 36.9 Mass fuel desired = 64.38 Exhaust Back press = 43.03 Acel Pedal POS = 48.24 RPM 2945 ICP = 2948 D/C % = 33.59 PW 2.54

jngreen

Reaction score
Ok, the pcm is now seeing 22 lbs of boost. Did your boost go up on your gauge in the cab or is it still maxing out at 30 lbs?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Ok, the pcm is now seeing 22 lbs of boost. Did your boost go up on your gauge in the cab or is it still maxing out at 30 lbs?

I have only seen 30 but its more the fact of not having enough room. I live in suburbia and its a long weekend here and the cops are every where.

jngreen

Reaction score
I'm not sure how matt tunes, but 22 lbs may be the most the pcm may ever see if he limits it to avoid the ses light. Your icp seems to be better this time, probably because its seeing more boost and calling for more pressure. Does the truck feel any different with the regulator gone?

Tom S

Reaction score
The reason you could not post the datalog is because it was saved as .CSV which I am guessing you got straight from AE. You need to take that open it in Excel and then save it as an Excel file type. I looked at your data log and did not find a lot of useful information in there. What I do to data log a truck is to capture data from say 50 to 95 mph in one gear at WOT sort of like a dyno run. I did clean up and post your data. I am happy to help with that as needed if it is hard for you. It only takes a couple of mins to do.

Tom

Attachments

• runaroundtown.xls
    61.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
thx Tom. I will try and narrow it down tomorrow.

I did manage to get 2900 -3200 psi out of my HPOP. that would indicate that its up to the task right ??

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Just set the boost referenced fueling to 100 and skip to the punch.

Then half this bs will evaporate and actual problems can be found.

Gearhead

Reaction score
he is in the ballpark, but his last datalogged run was on the eco file that only sees 2.5ms of pulsewidth.... Since he is in the land down under, I can't get him files easily to eliminate the low boost fueling table.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
he is in the ballpark, but his last datalogged run was on the eco file that only sees 2.5ms of pulsewidth.... Since he is in the land down under, I can't get him files easily to eliminate the low boost fueling table.

Dont worry Matt. I have just started on the data logging, We will get there m8

firehunter

Reaction score
I have been following this thread for a while now and I sincerely hope you get your issues worked out and that truck runs like none other...just so I don't have to look at your avatar again. I'm about to chunder...:puke:

Carry on...

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I have been following this thread for a while now and I sincerely hope you get your issues worked out and that truck runs like none other...just so I don't have to look at your avatar again. I'm about to chunder...:puke:

Carry on...

Lol.. OK thanks to Tom I believe I have this file attachment thing worked out.
Here is 2 WOT runs in Matts " All Out " tune. There is no way Im going to get 75% throttle positions on the roads around here. This was 100mph. or there abouts. Can hit 38-40 lb of boost without any issue (red tube disconnected)
The 38R was alot quieter with the WW2 but when it gets up at max boost it starts to howl like the wind around your house in a wild storm. After those 2 runs the turbo was howling constantly and EGT's were staying higher than normal. I assumed I was about to loose a boot. Got home and checked everything and all is good. Just hope that the sound goes away cause that will end up being very annoying.

Attachments

• WOT test.xls
    25 KB · Views: 85
  • WOT test 1.xls
    24 KB · Views: 79

Tom S

Reaction score
That looks a lot more normal to me. I personally would try to do a data log where the RPM can climb higher. Even if I had to run a gear lower. Good work on figuring out how to post a cleaned up data log.

Tom

DocBar

Reaction score
That looks a lot more normal to me. I personally would try to do a data log where the RPM can climb higher. Even if I had to run a gear lower. Good work on figuring out how to post a cleaned up data log.

Tom

Thats looking much better!
I'm glad to hear that y'all liked this better. I thought it looked better to me but was afraid I missed something. Maybe this stuff is so easy a Texan can do it!!!!:ford:

907DAVE

Reaction score
So I have the boost I was looking for and my #'s are right I should be able to hit 500hp on the rollers ???

You need to get that drive pressure a bit closer to a 1:1 ratio, but looks like your making progress.

Now go find a back road some place and open her up a bit already.