30lb of boost on 38R

907DAVE

Reaction score
Problem is - when he pulled the turbo and did the leak tests the pictures show the flange was seated well prior to removal. That explains the loss of boost after it was re-installed, but not the original problem.

Tom S

Reaction score
You should be able to post your Excel data logs as an attachement instead of doing all those screen shots.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Problem is - when he pulled the turbo and did the leak tests the pictures show the flange was seated well prior to removal. That explains the loss of boost after it was re-installed, but not the original problem.

your on the money bro. Will have to look deeper into that. I have Joey's modded HPOP but all things a leading to low ICP.

You should be able to post your Excel data logs as an attachement instead of doing all those screen shots.

please explain that further, cause it was a real pita doing it the way I did.

hey chunder!! your chit was leaking bad!

live life full throttle

Amen to that bruva

mandkole

Reaction score
please explain that further, cause it was a real pita doing it the way I did.

when you select reply, click on the manage attachments section below the message field. It will ask you for a file to attach. Attach your excel files there.

x2 with Dave--You'll get the boost back, but there is still the original issue. Your not commanding any fuel and ICP increase does not seem responsive. My ICP will jump from 1200 to 2800-3000 now when going to WOT in any gear, and the PW will immediately increase. Next time, log the throttle position as well.

Tom S

Reaction score
If they did not get you squared away on posting excel files let me know and I will help.

Tom

Gearhead

Reaction score
Did you guys see the part about his map sensor only seeing 5lbs of boost? It will never let it have full fuel like that.

Gearhead

Reaction score
On the wot runs you posted your map sensor was only registering 5 lbs of boost.... the truck will never get to full fueling like that.... you said you were making 16 lbs of boost but you map sensor was only seeing 5.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
On the wot runs you posted your map sensor was only registering 5 lbs of boost.... the truck will never get to full fueling like that.... you said you were making 16 lbs of boost but you map sensor was only seeing 5.

Matt, how do you see 5lbs of boost out of the figures I posted. ??

Where is your boost sensor hooked up and getting its readings from?

I have the tapped AIH delete plug. I have checked my internal gauge against the gauge I was using to do the leak test and they were reading the same.

My lack of boost has been fixed. Im getting 5lb as soon as I hit the peddle and got 30psi on a quick spurt. My EGT,s are back to normal.

jngreen

Reaction score
Manifold Absolute Pressure is what he is looking at. I saw a max of 20.xx psi which is roughly only 5 psi over the 14.7 psi you see at idle.

Do you have a boost fooler/ regulator? If you do, give it a crank clockwise and go for another drive. Your map sensor is only reading 5 lbs is boost so your not getting full fuel.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
Manifold Absolute Pressure is what he is looking at. I saw a max of 20.xx psi which is roughly only 5 psi over the 14.7 psi you see at idle.

Do you have a boost fooler/ regulator? If you do, give it a crank clockwise and go for another drive. Your map sensor is only reading 5 lbs is boost so your not getting full fuel.

Yes I have Riffraff's boost fooler. So any max MAP over idle is the amount of boost its reading ???

Reaction score
you want the MAP to see as much boost as it can with out setting the SES light..the MAP will then let you have all the fuel you need...
the lower the boost it reads the less fuel your going to get....if that happends..then your ICP and EGT readings get all messed up as well...

Last edited:

mandkole

Reaction score
Did you guys see the part about his map sensor only seeing 5lbs of boost? It will never let it have full fuel like that.

actually, I did see that and that was why I was thinking about the throttle position. What I wasnt thinking about was a boost fooler.

However, and note its my OBS, Ive seen datalog conditions where Im under the turbo and going wot, showing little map and lots of pw and icp. Wouldnt the fooler still allow this to happen but only up to a point of the fooler limit? If that is not the case, then definitely try no fooler.

David N

Reaction score
From my understandings, do away with the boost fooler with Matt's tunes. Its not needed and could be hurting more than its helping.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.