30lb of boost on 38R

907DAVE

Reaction score
From the sound of it, you need a new laptop....nothing but problems from that thing...lol

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
It does idle like it has a cam, but sounds sweet. It also sings when its on the dyno

WOT run. Just a quick burst up into 3rd. But my EGTs hit 1400 in about 200mtrs
so I backed off.

WOTpart1_zps8db4b89d.jpg

WOT1_zps5935ad26.jpg

WOT2_zps58984055.jpg

Charles

Reaction score
I didn't look but a quick glance, if you're running 1600 or so psi ICP at WOT.... bingo.... problemo... Big one.

I didn't even check to see if you had MFD logged.

On Edit:

Alright, I didn't see MFD, but if your WOT pull only got up to 2100 and change ICP at higher rpm, then you're not making good pressure at all. That's not even in the ballpark.

It looks like it's maxing the upper duty cycle limit Matt set at 30.47%, so it's asking for it.

You have an oil leak maybe. If it's idling like crap, then you may be driving around with a blown injector O-ring, or poppet seal issue and not even know it. It should idle like stock unless Matt wrote you something special.

You might want to do an oil pressure test. I suspect you have a blown o-ring, or an armature hitting.

I would say run a contribution, but that's highly useless most times with larger than stock nozzles. Maybe check change in rotational velocity from cylinder 1 through 8 to try and narrow down the ass hole.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Low ICP will make the event happen later than desired and cause heat I would agree with Charles on the leak or maybe a pump problem how does it start hot ??

sidwaz

Reaction score
With no changes but WW2 in my setup with 238/100s boost went from 34-35 up to 39-40. I'm also running Matt's tunes on a PMR setup.

Gearhead

Reaction score
1.6ms of pulsewidth means it isnt calling for full fuel if it was at wot. And the map sensor is only seeing 5lbs of boost.

Last edited:

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I live in a valley and its a steep climb out. I started the recording from first gear, got up to third but like I said I had to pull up once I hit 1400 egts.
Hears some more. Higher up in the rev range.

WOT3_zps794bc0ef.jpg

WOT4_zpsd0778f9d.jpg

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I didn't look but a quick glance, if you're running 1600 or so psi ICP at WOT.... bingo.... problemo... Big one.

I didn't even check to see if you had MFD logged.

On Edit:

Alright, I didn't see MFD, but if your WOT pull only got up to 2100 and change ICP at higher rpm, then you're not making good pressure at all. That's not even in the ballpark.

It looks like it's maxing the upper duty cycle limit Matt set at 30.47%, so it's asking for it.

You have an oil leak maybe. If it's idling like crap, then you may be driving around with a blown injector O-ring, or poppet seal issue and not even know it. It should idle like stock unless Matt wrote you something special.

You might want to do an oil pressure test. I suspect you have a blown o-ring, or an armature hitting.

I would say run a contribution, but that's highly useless most times with larger than stock nozzles. Maybe check change in rotational velocity from cylinder 1 through 8 to try and narrow down the ass hole.

Im listening to what you are saying Charles, But would those figures explain why one minute Im pushing 400 at the wheels and the next Im down to 15lbs of boost and Egts that I have never seen in the 4 yrs I have had the truck. Besides the leak test, all I have done is taken the turbo off and put in the WW2 and I have ended up with this.
What you are suggesting is maybe why Im not seeing 500hp, but to end up in this situation. Man I dont know ???

907DAVE

Reaction score
Still looks like you are down on both PW and ICP if that was a high load situation.

Could it be that the heat is from operating the turbo out of its map(under)?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
well looks can be deceiving. You can see where the locating dowel was sitting against the back of the turbo. The rear of the turbo is covered on soot.

turboleak_zps2120f596.jpg

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
lol, 40 mins. Might be good a pulling the turbo but my assembly process leaves a lot to be desired. :(
Hopefully that will close that chapter I can start a new thread to find my missing 100 hp

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.