40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

CATDiezel

Reaction score
GoPro camera proved it was spring wrap. Different than Axle wrap. The reason leafs on a 250 are by nature weak. The axle is staying solid with the spring and not binding the u-bolts. However. The general fix is traction bars. It works. I don't care how unscientific it may be. It works. But. I tested several stock trucks and simply clamped the springs down and also solved the issue. That's NOT A driving permanent fix, just for testing purposes only.

I politely disagree with the frame being the issue, just my opinion.

Motostroker

Reaction score
GoPro camera proved it was spring wrap. Different than Axle wrap. The reason leafs on a 250 are by nature weak. The axle is staying solid with the spring and not binding the u-bolts. However. The general fix is traction bars. It works. I don't care how unscientific it may be. It works. But. I tested several stock trucks and simply clamped the springs down and also solved the issue. That's NOT A driving permanent fix, just for testing purposes only.

I politely disagree with the frame being the issue, just my opinion.

I have OUO bars and mine still hops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motostroker

Reaction score
I also have OUO bars and I get the hop still too. I dropped my rear tire pressure down to 55psi from 65psi and it seemed to help a bunch, but it's still definitely there...

I don't really care much about the hop, as much as I do about that annoying shimmy I have at 70-80. Trust me I have tried everything and it's still there.

Motostroker

Reaction score
Hey, I got that too lol. Shimmy's, hops, these trucks have em all for sure!

Kind of pisses me off though. Buddies Denali on 37s rides smooth as hell. All super dutys I've rode in have some type of ride issue.

I refuse to own a dmax though... So I got to figure this out

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Kind of pisses me off though. Buddies Denali on 37s rides smooth as hell. All super dutys I've rode in have some type of ride issue.

I refuse to own a dmax though... So I got to figure this out

I couldn't agree more! I went for a ride in my buddies dmax on 37's this morning and I was a tad jealous. I'm in the same boat and I won't give up my truck...

Motostroker

Reaction score
Things I've tried-
-checking balance of driveshaft
-checking tires/rims both normally and road balancing
-pulling axle shafts and putting them on a lathe to see if they are true.
- tried a different set of wheels that I know rode good on previous truck
-installed traction bars
-checked ring and pinion

List goes on. Ford refuses to look at it.

I've owned 4 6.7 trucks in the last two years and ALL of them have done this

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't really care much about the hop, as much as I do about that annoying shimmy I have at 70-80. Trust me I have tried everything and it's still there.

i have them both too

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Motostroker

Reaction score
thought they where to short?

live life full throttle

Are they? Haven't measured. If they are I will split them apart and add more leafs to mine.

I'm convinced 6.7 springs are simply to soft. Some sort of resonating vibration is making its way through the springs.

I'll post back if it fixes it, if it doesn't I'm trading it.

I haul for a living and I stay at 75mph 10-12 a day. This is getting old

Jomax

Reaction score
Are they? Haven't measured. If they are I will split them apart and add more leafs to mine.

I'm convinced 6.7 springs are simply to soft. Some sort of resonating vibration is making its way through the springs.

6.4 and 6.7 are identical in length I'm 110% sure. Just the 6.4 have more leaves on the pack.

Jomax

Reaction score

I'd also try the metal bracing before you trade.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

6.7s are way softer then my 2000ccdrw 7.3.. supposedly can tow more with my 6.7 too.. not a chance without the firestone load support bumpstops i have.. keep us posted on what you find by adding leaf springs!

live life full throttle

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would put in 6.7 F450 leaf springs before add a leafs. Ride well and my 450 does not have the "bounce". We mostly tuned it out on my 13 that was big with shock valving, but it took a lot.

All of us at OUO have spent a lot of time trying to figure this bounce out. We are still kind of scratching our heads to the exact cause

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Did you guys make a brace to tie the frame by the radius arm mounts together? Also, do you sell those shocks with the special valving?

On my OBS, there is a crossmember by the front fuel tank and the trans crossmember. Both crossmembers have brackets coming off them going to the frame flanges.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Motostroker

Reaction score
I would put in 6.7 F450 leaf springs before add a leafs. Ride well and my 450 does not have the "bounce". We mostly tuned it out on my 13 that was big with shock valving, but it took a lot.

All of us at OUO have spent a lot of time trying to figure this bounce out. We are still kind of scratching our heads to the exact cause

Where would be a good place to hunt down some 450 leafs?