40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

Layson

Reaction score
Question for you hoppers.... without going through all the responses in this thread.

How many guys that have a dually or Dana 80 or a Dana 110 have the hop....

Jomax

Reaction score
Question for you hoppers.... without going through all the responses in this thread.

How many guys that have a dually or Dana 80 or a Dana 110 have the hop....

Hoppers LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
Can I see some pictures of peoples rear axles of where it connects to the driveline that have the hop?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Did you guys make a brace to tie the frame by the radius arm mounts together? Also, do you sell those shocks with the special valving?

On my OBS, there is a crossmember by the front fuel tank and the trans crossmember. Both crossmembers have brackets coming off them going to the frame flanges.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Here are some pics of the crossmembers on my OBS and trans crossmember.

If front of the rear shocks

DSC_0558_zpsjvgwfzp8.jpg

Right after the cab

DSC_0559_zpssfqj0okp.jpg

Trans crossmember

DSC_0560_zpsacbabcgm.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

sootie

Reaction score
the 2017 250 and 350 have fully boxed frames. i bet no more hop...

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yea probably right ^^^, I want to get mine situated but I just don't see all that crazy bracing like that completey necessary but I've been wrong before

Layson

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the bracing will get rid of the hop. That may improve slightly the handling but that's it... the frames are plenty strong in these trucks.

I looked at a cclb truck the other day that didn't have the hop and it had a different driveline then normal....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the bracing will get rid of the hop. That may improve slightly the handling but that's it... the frames are plenty strong in these trucks.

I looked at a cclb truck the other day that didn't have the hop and it had a different driveline then normal....
i can watch my entire body line in my mirror and when the hop occurs, i can see it flex between the bed and box.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score

Single piece driveshaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't get why people want one piece drive lines. I'll still take my perfectly dialed 2 piece any day..

I much prefer my one piece shaft over that two Ive maintained for 16 years. After working on it once it becomes obvious why a single shaft is desired.

I made an adjustable bracket for my carrier bearing but its still not as smooth as a single. No spot @47 where it starts to vibrate, etc

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I much prefer my one piece shaft over that two Ive maintained for 16 years. After working on it once it becomes obvious why a single shaft is desired.

I made an adjustable bracket for my carrier bearing but its still not as smooth as a single. No spot @47 where it starts to vibrate, etc

As long as the angles match, and the carrier is adjusted I've never had a 2 piece vibrate

But on a high horsepower situation it takes so much more to make a 1 piece take what the two piece can. These guys have to make these huge driveshafts when a stock F450 2 piece takes it all day every day @ 1000..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.