40-45 mph hop/vibration issue

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
What I don't understand, if this hopping issue is so prevalent on these truch, why hasn't NTSB looked into it?

Is there a place where one can look up this issue if it's so common?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because not all do it, mine only will on certain roads, under certain conditions at a specific speed. But I can't see the body flexing like Jake can on his, just a slight bounce on mine, like riding on an old concrete highway is what it's like. But only for about a 3mph spread

JMart

Reaction score
My CCLB doesn't do it. I have just under 7k miles on it, and the only time I get any hop is on a new stretch of concrete highway they just opened up. Its less than 1 mile and I have to be going close to 75mph to get it to buck. But that is the harmonics of the highway vs the length of the truck. Not the truck itself. I am rarely going 75 through there since its a 60mph zone so I don't have issues but every time I go through there at over 70 I have to slow down. Other than that I never have this issue people are talking about. I also opted against the FX4 package, less weight and different shocks. I run with a mostly empty bed too. There is probably less than 100lbs between the toolbox and its contents. But I never saw anything before I put the toolbox in.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My CCLB doesn't do it. I have just under 7k miles on it, and the only time I get any hop is on a new stretch of concrete highway they just opened up. Its less than 1 mile and I have to be going close to 75mph to get it to buck. But that is the harmonics of the highway vs the length of the truck. Not the truck itself. I am rarely going 75 through there since its a 60mph zone so I don't have issues but every time I go through there at over 70 I have to slow down. Other than that I never have this issue people are talking about. I also opted against the FX4 package, less weight and different shocks. I run with a mostly empty bed too. There is probably less than 100lbs between the toolbox and its contents. But I never saw anything before I put the toolbox in.
my 12 didn't do it either at first. i think it started around 15-20k miles...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Layson

Reaction score

Any chance you could take a picture of the driveline. The end connection, then at the carrier bearing and at the transfer case.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
not sure if it matters or not but the drw trucks sit about 2 inches lower then srw.. angles might differ

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
To add. I get ZERO hop. Bone stock suspension. I also got ZERO with the CARLI lift I had before.

Also, I only had a 45mpg hop ONCE. A weight fell off the tire. I had to tell them to balance it twice to get it perfect.

Has anyone tried road force balancing??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
To add. I get ZERO hop. Bone stock suspension. I also got ZERO with the CARLI lift I had before.

Also, I only had a 45mpg hop ONCE. A weight fell off the tire. I had to tell them to balance it twice to get it perfect.

Has anyone tried road force balancing??
cuz short box..

i have beads in my tires. smoothest they have ever been. even better then the factory Michelins...

even with a bent rim

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
cuz short box..

i have beads in my tires. smoothest they have ever been. even better then the factory Michelins...

even with a bent rim

live life full throttle

True, have you tried new shocks yet?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Does it hop?

I would like to see some pictures. Thanks
I drove it out of the dealership on Oct 30 and have driven it probably three times. I have 499 miles on it. Sometime I wonder why I bought it.

I have not felt a hop nor have it been paying attention for it. Never knew about this issue.

I have the truck on the lift to paint the rusted, bare metal parts (driveshaft and steering components). Hopefully the Rustoleum doesn't affect the balance on the driveshaft. . I'm also replacing the Ranchos with Fox 2.0s.

My friend has a '15 F250 CCSB with the 6.2. I asked him if he felt a hop on his truck and he said "No".

Billy T.
[email protected]

Layson

Reaction score
I drove it out of the dealership on Oct 30 and have driven it probably three times. I have 499 miles on it. Sometime I wonder why I bought it.

I have not felt a hop nor have it been paying attention for it. Never knew about this issue.

I have the truck on the lift to paint the rusted, bare metal parts (driveshaft and steering components). Hopefully the Rustoleum doesn't affect the balance on the driveshaft. . I'm also replacing the Ranchos with Fox 2.0s.

My friend has a '15 F250 CCSB with the 6.2. I asked him if he felt a hop on his truck and he said "No".

Billy T.
[email protected]

I might have missed it but your dually is a CCLB right?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I might have missed it but your dually is a CCLB right?
Yes sir

dab3ddc3557371b2e7bde9c0381903a5.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]

Mhatlen

Reaction score
Bracing absolutely stopped it on my truck

Yeah I don't think the bracing will get rid of the hop. That may improve slightly the handling but that's it... the frames are plenty strong in these trucks.

I looked at a cclb truck the other day that didn't have the hop and it had a different driveline then normal....

Installing that setup on my SCLB absolutely cured the hop. Plus made it drive like a Mazerati. My current truck doesn't have the bounce but I installed a new set because it makes such a difference in how it drives.

Layson I can assure you it stopped it 100%. I'm installing a setup on a guy that's local. He felt that I overbuilt the bracing and that tying radius arm brackets into transmission crossmember would be all that's needed.

It wasn't.....it significantly reduced it to a few cycles before canceling it out. We are going to finish going all the way back to the frame rails.
I will post up the results and I'm sure the forum member will to since he frequents on this site.

Latest posts

Members online