4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Yeah it is rolled. The clamps were not fitting correctly and I think that is what caused failure. I will probably put two braces on that pipe though when I fix it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the roll looks really small. you should not NEED a vband there. put it back in the roller and add 1/16th at minimum. vbands are the best though. just makes fitment more of a pain . you know that.

MorganY

Reaction score
Any thoughts on running two braces?

It's not the brace. The issue is the incorrect clamps. They were the incorrect size, and weren't grabbing as good as they should. That roll is fine for that setup with the proper clamps. The brace finally popped whenever the atmosphere was being driven harder from the gates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Honestly a little longer boot would probably solve the issue. A little more bead roll would help too.

I've ran 50+ psi through non bead rolled pipe with a good boot and double clamped.

I doubt you'll see 50 psi outta the atmo, but you might.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Honestly a little longer boot would probably solve the issue. A little more bead roll would help too.

I've ran 50+ psi through non bead rolled pipe with a good boot and double clamped.

Probably going to see about 40-45 I would guess

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

I am doing that right now..... 45 to 50 psi with no bead and single clamps. It did blow. BUT that was from ME putting paint where it was not supposed to be. Cleaned the paint off and its held ever since.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I thought I threw a carillo the first time it happened. Morgan had to calm me down lol

Lmao! Sorry its funny Cuz we all have the first time boot blow story. Funniest I have is that my girl pissed her pants. Really she did.. my brother thought I blew the motor once.. I let go of the steering wheel and almost dove into the back seat the very first time I ever had it happen. I was by myself and thats the first time I ever said anything about it.. lol...

Derail over.

live life full throttle

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Haha that's hilarious! Other peoples reactions are always good too. Colton said it best "A boot blowing is just one of those things that no matter how many times you experience it, it still scares the chit out of you." LOL

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I usually go by the fact that if you hear a big boom and the motor doesn't shut off or sputter out you're probably fine

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
A lil pucker action with a side of heart skipping a beat huh? LOL

All my heart did was skip a beat. I do not think I even jumped. The load woousshhh that followed told me what it was. But till then I thought I was joining the windowed block club. My first thoughts were. Well looks like it is my turn.

78f100

Reaction score
I hate to keep the derail going but a few weeks ago I had just finished studding a 6.0. Drove it around for a lol while and as I was passing by my shop all my guys were out side so I punched it, we'll 2 Jehovah's Witness were going by on bikes and the boot let go. My guys said it scared the crap out of the poor guys.

Latest posts

Members online