5r110 manual tc lockup switch

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its just a ground to the lock up wire correct? Just not pwm?

you cant just ground the wire!!!! the pcm sees this and throws the trans into limp mode.

you have to wire it up so you can ground that wire without the pcm seeing it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
you cant just ground the wire!!!! the pcm sees this and throws the trans into limp mode.

You can to just ground it...it throws the light but does not limp the trans and if your just racing shut the truck off when you done and restart it

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
A simple on off switch works fine just pay attention to shut it off before you slow down to 30 and you will be fine

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Dzchey21

Reaction score
you need a double pole double throw switch.

I see what you are saying about interrupting the signal to the pcm but I think it will still throw a code based on tc slip so I don't think its going to matter either way

TurboM700

Reaction score
You can to just ground it...it throws the light but does not limp the trans and if your just racing shut the truck off when you done and restart it

Correct

If you simple tap into the ground wire the sec the TCM sees a ground on the wire it goes to LIMP mode.

What you need to do is cut the wire and set it up so when you hit the button it brakes the circuit from the TCM to the transmission and goes thru the button.

This way the TCM never sees the ground being applied to the TC lock up switch.

You could do it with a simple relay also and a push button switch if you wanted to use a smaller switch.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score

done this to two different trucks, doesn't go into limp, but it does throw a light on

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

when it limps the trans immediately,especially when your trying to hold a specific gear(not 5th), IT DOESNT WORK!!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Correct

If you simple tap into the ground wire the sec the TCM sees a ground on the wire it goes to LIMP mode.

What you need to do is cut the wire and set it up so when you hit the button it brakes the circuit from the TCM to the transmission and goes thru the button.

This way the TCM never sees the ground being applied to the TC lock up switch.

You could do it with a simple relay also and a push button switch if you wanted to use a smaller switch.

exactly, this is what im doing.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
When u break the ground from the controller it sees an open and limps the trans to keep from damaging itself

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Okay haven't been using it on numerous trucks for over 3 years now maybe I've just been dreaming it works

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Okay haven't been using it on numerous trucks for over 3 years now maybe I've just been dreaming it works

I don't doubt it does.... do u just tap a ground in or put a cutout switch in?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2