6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

Mdub707

Reaction score
Looks like almost 3k rpm before it gets lit... I bet it's going to be a blast when you get the vane control figured out! This is on stock injectors still or something else?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Need some help here guys...
I had pulled things apart to repair the oil leak again (this time for good). Made up a bracket to mount the coolant tank, etc, etc. I Plugged the FICM in and was tucking it in its temporary location between the coolant tank and drivers side battery. While doing so the plug snagged on something and i bumped the positive lead on the battery, which arc'd. Attempted to start the truck, and nothing. I checked all associated fuses under the drivers side fuse box, but nothing is blown. Could I have blown a fuse elsewhere that i am not aware of? Maybe blown one of the relay's for the FICM, or did I just simply fry the FICM? I am not sure how to test the relay's, and do not want to dump $400 into a new FICM when I do not know if that is the problem, also since this FICM is just under 2 years old from Swamps.

All help here is appreciated.

vcassens

Reaction score
Need some help here guys...
I had pulled things apart to repair the oil leak again (this time for good). Made up a bracket to mount the coolant tank, etc, etc. I Plugged the FICM in and was tucking it in its temporary location between the coolant tank and drivers side battery. While doing so the plug snagged on something and i bumped the positive lead on the battery, which arc'd. Attempted to start the truck, and nothing. I checked all associated fuses under the drivers side fuse box, but nothing is blown. Could I have blown a fuse elsewhere that i am not aware of? Maybe blown one of the relay's for the FICM, or did I just simply fry the FICM? I am not sure how to test the relay's, and do not want to dump $400 into a new FICM when I do not know if that is the problem, also since this FICM is just under 2 years old from Swamps.

All help here is appreciated.

You can test the ficm with a DMM the instructions are on swamps site

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

strokin6L

Reaction score
Pretty sure I know what happened. You blew a fuseable link. They are on the alternator cable going to the passanger side battery. Happened to me once installing a turbo.

MorganY

Reaction score
Since you relocated the ficm. Check ficm sync, ficm lpwr, ficmmp, and ficm vpwr. One of those many wires couldve come undone. Happened to me, lost lpwr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Since you relocated the ficm. Check ficm sync, ficm lpwr, ficmmp, and ficm vpwr. One of those many wires couldve come undone. Happened to me, lost lpwr

I soldierd all of my splices, so it is not likely that something came undone. I am very concerned about the spark from contacting the positive battery terminal though.

MorganY

Reaction score
I soldierd all of my splices, so it is not likely that something came undone. I am very concerned about the spark from contacting the positive battery terminal though.

Its easy to check, so might as well give it a shot and eliminate it. My apologies, I didnt read above my post and just saw a crank no start. The fuseable links are inline with the alternator wire. Shouldnt cause the truck to not start if there is enough voltage

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
FICM is toast. Sending it to Swamps ASAP, I figure I will have them load either of the Atlas or Hercules FICM tunes. What does everyone think? I always say "go big or go home" so my initial thought is the Hercules.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Economy, you'll thank me later when you get larger injectors/nozzles

Hellen Keller sent this?

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I agree economy. I ran my truck with an aggressive FICm tune and it would idle like crap when cold, I switched to an economy tune and the idle smoothed out just like a normal truck.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No the idle is not the only reason. They're too aggressive with fueling, you can control most of the fueling in ecm tuning but there are limits, the economy remove the limitations and is mild enough to control smoke and heat through the ecm.

Hellen Keller sent this?

05wh250

Reaction score
I had the atlas 40 on mine and it ran good I just had to watch how I drove it, until I went on vacation at sea level and could watch it haze at idle and 5psi and under, anything over 5 psi and it was really noticeable. Just swapped to idp ficm tuning and the difference is night and day, doesn't haze at idle and at 10 psi there is barely a haze starting. Not saying one is better than the other just my experience.

Mdub707

Reaction score
We had a pretty good thread about this on here already, basically forget the FICM tuning if you run anything other than stock nozzles... injector size didn't seem to matter too much, but the larger nozzles in combination with the FICM tuning was just making a ton of smoke and really high EGT's.

I'd just stick with a 58V unit myself. I have fried a FICM before too, always a good time.

strokin6L

Reaction score
FICM tuning helps a lot. I wouldn't say forget it. I've got 190/75's and I wouldn't wanna run my truck without it. I love how it helped with throttle response. It even smokes less with it. I'd recommenced it to anyone with larger injectors/nozzles. And a 58v FICM did nothing to my truck. I'd do the FICM tuning over the 58v mod any day of the week!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online