6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

Mdub707

Reaction score
You likely wouldn't notice anything from a 58V if your 48V is in perfect health and you have no injector stiction to begin with. When they start going south, is when the 58V will shine.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
So I am thinking I will have them do the stock Ford FICM programming then drop a few extra coins on the Gryphon tuner with all 4 files on it. This way I can still get some solid #'s with the 6.0 with the 6.4 turbo's, and then I can find out which FICM tune runs best.

vcassens

Reaction score
So I am thinking I will have them do the stock Ford FICM programming then drop a few extra coins on the Gryphon tuner with all 4 files on it. This way I can still get some solid #'s with the 6.0 with the 6.4 turbo's, and then I can find out which FICM tune runs best.

Do you have a link for this Gryphon tuner?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I am kicking myself in the @$$ for making that dumb error. $550 later my FICM is on its way to Swamps for repair. I will try the Gryphon FICM tuner later down the road when finances permit.

Has anyone used the Edge Evolution for FICM tuning? I am wondering if I could pick up a used one for cheap and just buy the FICM tune files only.

Last edited:

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
That is my plan. I got a used evo for $100 bucks. When I talked to bill he said it was possible. You will need the old style non color attitude style monitor

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Is PHP the only tuner when you run the gryphon? Or can it be loaded with other tuners stuff? Last I knew it was bills gig only.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
That is what we were just mentioning. It says on PHP's website that you can use an Edge Evolution to load the FICM tunes as well.

Mdub707

Reaction score
PHP uses the old Edge platform for the FICM programming and Innovative uses a superchips platform. It's just the hardware, then they go in and put their own programming in it.

You may want to check with Bill @ PHP, I know before they were converting the old Edge units, but I thought I read recently that they don't do that anymore... but I could be wrong.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
New mount for the FICM so do not have another OOPS moment and blow another $550.
86F7D09C-F44B-423D-A64D-656644627478.jpg

kdogg85

Reaction score
Well, if you did decide to build this for people wanting a kit, an elite 72mm would sure do some damage. I bet that would be a nasty kit on a 6.0.

BTW, I admire the out of the box thinking.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Well, if you did decide to build this for people wanting a kit, an elite 72mm would sure do some damage. I bet that would be a nasty kit on a 6.0.

BTW, I admire the out of the box thinking.

I plan on doing some fun upgrades down the road... But first I have to finish building the nursery for our February 3rd Stork delivery (our first child).

Here is the FICM in its new permanent location, safely away from harms way of the battery's positive terminal. Hopefully no stray baseballs or small meteors will find their way to that spot on the hood.
8EE790AC-FA14-46FF-9B51-6176DDB5E96E.jpg

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Another angle of the new FICM location. Please spare the criticism of my welds. I am just learning how to TIG weld, they're all air tight at the least.
8A60EFB1-4243-4B4D-B99D-80F3802BE559.jpg

shmoozer

Reaction score
It's looking great!! Congratulations on your upcoming baby! Pics of the little guy/gal are going to be mandatory I think

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
That's awesome man! Get the piping and FICM powder coated when you're all done, that'd be sick

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the good words guys! I'll definitely have some baby photo's come February. A photographer friend of ours will be doing some belly shots of my wife before she pops, I'll post some of those when the time comes as well.

Wont have any more driving video's till Tuesday. Have another leak from one of the turbo oil feed lines. Discovered it while recording this though. Not looking like I'll have it ready for the Dyno at this weekends XDP event, damn shame, but I wasn't expecting to be ready.
http://youtu.be/yeNVhJlq1X8

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.