6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Back from XDP's open house, a bit disappointed. Here is the Dyno graph and below that a video of the run.

02575A92-7035-437D-B507-04F4A7D4DC40.jpg

http://youtu.be/I12FT2XH7KI

As you can see by the video there is no excess fuel, and my EGT's at WOT are only in the high 500's. I am wondering if I am running too lean, and how much that could be affecting my performance.... Let me here it all guys, good bad, and the ugly!

java

Reaction score
Toss some custom tunes on your truck! It should make a huge difference.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Yea canned tunes arent going to do the trick. Do you have a tuned FICM? I would be willing to let you borrow my PHP tunes to get an idea of a little extra fueling. PM me if interested.

You defitnetly need more fueling. Time to get some custom tunes in there and dump some fuel, and of course eventually get bigger injectors. Looks like an adrenaline HPOP and 225's are in your future.

peixinho

Reaction score
This is my first post for this thread (even though I have been following this thread for a while)

Great Job!!! :clapping:

Although I can't believe you went through all the work to build a 6.0.4 truck and did not order a custom tune for it? :badidea:

I am sure it will really open up the truck with custom tunes!!! :thumbsup:

Mdub707

Reaction score
CUSTOM TUNES!!!

Stock trucks are usually in the 250-270rwhp area I thought... judging by how little fuel came out of the exhaust... sounds about right

kdogg85

Reaction score
So black smoke does mean power. LOL. Your curve does look like you ran out of fuel big time. I wouldn't even bother with a custom tune until some big sprayers go in, you'd gain a little power, but not worth the money.

Do you have an ultimate goal? Elite 72 and 225's possibly?

Glad you got it running and it stayed together. Great job.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I am still at that dilemma, I'm not sure how big of injector to go..... I would really like to build my own injectors though. So I was thinking 205/75%, and if that is too smokey I could shim the fuel plate to make them 190CC.

My goal is to take these turbo's to the limit on a 6.0, so a 71mm wheel is definitely a consideration. Wont I start loosing ICP with 225's? A member here is selling a set of 225/75%, I just have no idea what condition my HPOP is in and how well it will hold ICP with them.

Here is a video of my truck with a tune i was told would max out the fueling of my injectors, still clean as can be and drives around town like a dream.

http://youtu.be/P-dstTzRNmQ

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
matt @ cutting edge has a set of hybrid bodies that would be perfect for what you are wanting to do

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Hybrids..... LOL I wanted to build my own set to conserve $$'s Hybrids will blow that idea out of the water! Plus I think I would max out around 225CC's with the 71MM wheel no? I dont see the 71MM cleaning up much more fuel than that. This part of matching fuel with turbo's is out of realm of knowledge, thus why I am having such a hard time deciding.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
225's are too much fuel for a 71mm atmo. Going to need 190s or 205s at best to get it to clean up.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
225's are too much fuel for a 71mm atmo. Going to need 190s or 205s at best to get it to clean up.

He can run 225's and a 76

Jon, don't get discouraged. I bet there is a lot left on the table that a custom tune would bring out. Baby steps brother. You are in uncharted territory so just have some fun with it

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
He can run 225's and a 76

Jon, don't get discouraged. I bet there is a lot left on the table that a custom tune would bring out. Baby steps brother. You are in uncharted territory so just have some fun with it

That's the point I was going to make :jammin:

Latest posts

Members online