6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Doesn't look like I will be making it to the MPD Dyno day after all.... Between an overload of work starting this week and my truck is finally getting studded and gaskets as of today, and prepping the house for the baby (just found out its a BOY! WOOHOOO!), I've got too much to do and not enough time.

While the heads are getting milled should I have them do a valve job? I'm not sure what goes into it but its not all that cheap. Milling the heads is about $350. Milling and valve job is about $850. Is it worth it?

loboost

Reaction score
Doesn't look like I will be making it to the MPD Dyno day after all.... Between an overload of work starting this week and my truck is finally getting studded and gaskets as of today, and prepping the house for the baby (just found out its a BOY! WOOHOOO!), I've got too much to do and not enough time.

While the heads are getting milled should I have them do a valve job? I'm not sure what goes into it but its not all that cheap. Milling the heads is about $350. Milling and valve job is about $850. Is it worth it?

Have you cut corners on the rest of the build?

Congrats on a son. My boy will be 4 next June...and he's already wide open

Mdub707

Reaction score
Man, who is doing the machining on those heads?

When my heads went in I got:

Pressure test: $80.00
Valve Job: $175.00
Mill heads: $80.00
Valve Seals: $80.00
Pressure wash: $30.00

Total: $445.00

To answer your question, I would definitely go ahead and do that at this point. You have it all apart now, might as well make it right...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score

shame ya won't be at MPD :/ I say do the valve job if it needs to be done. Fix what needs to be fixed. Might as well have everything refreshed while it's all apart

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im sure the valve guides all have play in them, worth it to get it all done now.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Man, who is doing the machining on those heads?

When my heads went in I got:

Pressure test: $80.00
Valve Job: $175.00
Mill heads: $80.00
Valve Seals: $80.00
Pressure wash: $30.00

Total: $445.00

To answer your question, I would definitely go ahead and do that at this point. You have it all apart now, might as well make it right...
Those prices are right inline in what I get them done for Florida

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
So I got a PM from a guy who said he had a set of 225CC injectors sitting on the shelf of his shop and would be willing to send them for me to try. Long story short, they never showed up. Had they showed up in time to put the truck back together I would have made every effort to get down to MPD's event.

The heads got back to the shop today, cant wait to have my truck back on the road anyway...

Wish I had the cash for a Regulated Return kit while the cab is off....

7920FE6E-B486-411C-8C86-B7E09E907BF7.jpg

MorganY

Reaction score
So I got a PM from a guy who said he had a set of 225CC injectors sitting on the shelf of his shop and would be willing to send them for me to try. Long story short, they never showed up. Had they showed up in time to put the truck back together I would have made every effort to get down to MPD's event.

The heads got back to the shop today, cant wait to have my truck back on the road anyway...

Wish I had the cash for a Regulated Return kit while the cab is off....

7920FE6E-B486-411C-8C86-B7E09E907BF7.jpg

Truck wouldn't drive worth a damn anyway without icp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

01PSD

Reaction score
I may be behind....
But has the truck been custom tuned yet with the stock injectors still in place? Go see Eric if not... he'll get you squared away, then proceed to adding more fuel.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Truck wouldn't drive worth a damn anyway without icp
Morgan, I understand your argument against the 225's. I just wanted to give them a shot if this guy was for real. The guy "StonePusher" has been running 225CC injectors on his truck with a stock pump for quite some time now without ICP issues. Hell and that was on a stock turbo.... (not that the turbo and ICP have any relation)

I may be behind....
But has the truck been custom tuned yet with the stock injectors still in place? Go see Eric if not... he'll get you squared away, then proceed to adding more fuel.

I had tried contacting Innovative about 2 weeks ago through their website submission form and haven't gotten a response yet. I just looked at their website and saw a phone #, I will call them in the AM.

MorganY

Reaction score
When you get them, pop the solenoids off, and post a picture of the plunger, piston, and shim (if there is one) in between the legs of a caliper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
When you get them, pop the solenoids off, and post a picture of the plunger, piston, and shim (if there is one) in between the legs of a caliper.

At this point I highly doubt I will ever see these injectors, I believe the guy fed me a line of BS, I have since TXT'd with him and he swears he sent them so we will see.

In any case, I put a call into Innovative earlier today, which the gentleman I spoke to gave me Eric's email address, since I do not have a cut and dried application and it will require some live tuning. I sent Eric an email, to which he replied back 5 minutes later! That's some good customer service! This weekend he is obviously tied up at the MPD event, which I unfortunately can't make it to, I will update everyone as we progress hopefully within 3 weeks or so.

:pint:

01PSD

Reaction score
At this point I highly doubt I will ever see these injectors, I believe the guy fed me a line of BS, I have since TXT'd with him and he swears he sent them so we will see.

In any case, I put a call into Innovative earlier today, which the gentleman I spoke to gave me Eric's email address, since I do not have a cut and dried application and it will require some live tuning. I sent Eric an email, to which he replied back 5 minutes later! That's some good customer service! This weekend he is obviously tied up at the MPD event, which I unfortunately can't make it to, I will update everyone as we progress hopefully within 3 weeks or so.

:pint:

Good to hear, typically Eric is quick to respond to emails.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.