6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
just read this whole thread.... Damn good work and good luck on getting all the nit picking details done.

Thanks! Unfortunately I've been too busy with work and getting the house ready for the baby I still have not had time to work out the stalling issue. Soon though.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Damn man, wish you were a little closer I'd love to give you a hand with this stuff.

Jason's right, Ford's spec for head flatness sucks.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Mike,
I have a bed and the liquor store is a 5 minute walk away..... WTF other excuses do you have? LOL LOL

After a long hiatus of work, preparing my house for Baby Liam, more work, and more prepping the house for Baby Liam, I started digging into the truck again and realized that having the oil filer in its location prohibits easy access to the turbo's after a QUICK search for a oil filter/cooler relocation kit, knowing the BPD already puts one out, I stumbled across the new MPD plate (although not a full kit) costs FAR FAR FAR! less than the BPD kit even after purchasing the cooler, lines, fittings, oil filter housing, etc. Said and done, I spend $701 on the MPD self made kit. where the BPD kit rolls in a $2050 +shipping. NO THANK YOU.
IMG_0136.jpg

Althought it is not a necessity to do this oil cooler/filter project for the 6.4 turbo's it will aid me with my trial error experiments with the setup. also will help clean up the engine bay. I have also learned (the hard way) that the 6.4 intake manifold does not allow you to access the IPR valve in stock form. I will be modifying to allow easier access without the need to remove the intake manifold.

Stroke ON! (my farewell when booze is flowing)

strokin6L

Reaction score
Definitely a quality piece from MPD. One thing I wondered about is if they offer a cold weather kit for it with a thermostat like BPD does with theirs.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Anyone know if any companies are making a fuel supply system from tank, filter, pump, etc using an A1000 pump? My fuel bowl is going to be suspended by fuel lines now.... Cant wait to get that hunk-a-junk out of there too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.