6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I really wish I could have made it to the MPD event this weekend. Could have gotten to see some real #'s with Eric's tuning. :doh:

Turns out one of my heads had a couple of good cracks in it. Picked up a new one from :fordoval: Hope to have it back on the road by the end of next week.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and purchased a RR kit. It doesn't fit worth a damn with the 6.4 turbo's, I need to make up all new braided flex lines. I had some leaks at the up pipes, which we will be fixing tomorrow along with making up new flex lines for the RR kit.

0CB97A6A-EBDF-40D7-BD4A-25DF1C39A3B8.jpg

MorganY

Reaction score
When you had asked, if the RR would would work.... and I said yea, I made the assumption across the board that you knew the lines wouldnt work, as with any other ass to mouth 6.0 compound setup with the factory primary alt removed. The regulator wont bolt up where it has been intended, therefore the flexible lines wont work either. I cant see low WP stainless braided lines running you more than 150 bucks. You should be able to use the hard lines in the rear. I am able to with a massive 3.5" pipe in the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
When you had asked, if the RR would would work.... and I said yea, I made the assumption across the board that you knew the lines wouldnt work, as with any other ass to mouth 6.0 compound setup with the factory primary alt removed. The regulator wont bolt up where it has been intended, therefore the flexible lines wont work either. I cant see low WP stainless braided lines running you more than 150 bucks. You should be able to use the hard lines in the rear. I am able to with a massive 3.5" pipe in the way

Morgan, DAMNIT, its all your fault! Cant believe you steered me wrong! LOL just kidding !:morons: Your guidance has been well appreciated in this 1 Year + long endeavor. Just wished you lived a little closer so you could take it for a ride and share the satisfaction.

Just some humor that fits my application:
z_VBMExNPAFi6FX6siO6SlR9lteJWKJFhUZOMWm3pw=s577-no.png

MorganY

Reaction score
Morgan, DAMNIT, its all your fault! Cant believe you steered me wrong! LOL just kidding !:morons: Your guidance has been well appreciated in this 1 Year + long endeavor. Just wished you lived a little closer so you could take it for a ride and share the satisfaction.

Just some humor that fits my application:
z_VBMExNPAFi6FX6siO6SlR9lteJWKJFhUZOMWm3pw=s577-no.png

:D

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the PID is called for the exhaust back pressure sensor? I am attempting to datalog with SCT's LiveLink. I just got my truck back today, and something seems off. It seems like it is making less power, I have been wondering if my HPOP is about to go, so I am going to keep an eye out for those numbers, while I would like to see what the 6.4 Turbo's are doing to my EBP.

MorganY

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the PID is called for the exhaust back pressure sensor? I am attempting to datalog with SCT's LiveLink. I just got my truck back today, and something seems off. It seems like it is making less power, I have been wondering if my HPOP is about to go, so I am going to keep an eye out for those numbers, while I would like to see what the 6.4 Turbo's are doing to my EBP.

My livewire won't monitor backpressure, (last time I checked). Is the MAP sensor hooked up?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
So I updated the firmware on the SCT tuner, and setup LiveLink. While updating the SCT to the new version of firmware, I set the truck to stock, and took it for a drive on the stock tune. The truck wouldn't make any more than 20PSI of boost. Something just doesn't seem right to me, while on an aggressive race tune, I am making 32-33PSI tops. Knowing what these turbo's are capable of on the 6.4's (45+PSI), it does not seem right to me that I am not coming anywhere close to that.

My ICP is holding 630PSI at idle, which from what I understand is in check.
I still cannot find a EBP PID on the SCT LiveLink, anyone know if it has another name other than "exhaust back pressure".

My livewire won't monitor backpressure, (last time I checked). Is the MAP sensor hooked up?
Yeah, Morgan, the MAP sensor is hooked up. Is it typical for them to read 14-15PSI at idle?

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So I updated the firmware on the SCT tuner, and setup LiveLink. While updating the SCT to the new version of firmware, I set the truck to stock, and took it for a drive on the stock tune. The truck wouldn't make any more than 20PSI of boost. Something just doesn't seem right to me, while on an aggressive race tune, I am making 32-33PSI tops. Knowing what these turbo's are capable of on the 6.4's (45+PSI), it does not seem right to me that I am not coming anywhere close to that.

My ICP is holding 630PSI at idle, which from what I understand is in check.
I still cannot find a EBP PID on the SCT LiveLink, anyone know if it has another name other than "exhaust back pressure".

Yeah, Morgan, the MAP sensor is hooked up. Is it typical for them to read 14-15PSI at idle?

Thats atmospheric pressure or what is natural air pressure. The main difference in the boost may be that the stock injectors can't provide the fuel needed to drive them any harder. Do you plan on upgrading injectors?

MorganY

Reaction score
Make sure that hose isnt cracked or something. If you are only getting 20psi reading the absolute MAP then you're only doing 5psi of actual boost

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Thats atmospheric pressure or what is natural air pressure. The main difference in the boost may be that the stock injectors can't provide the fuel needed to drive them any harder. Do you plan on upgrading injectors?

Yes, I started to dismantle the set of injectors I am building, when I broke my Harbor Fright Special 6" vice. I plan to run 100% nozzles, and 205CC's. I have not driven other vehicles like my buddy who did the head studs does, but he flat out said my truck is slower than his truck on the SCT Performance tune, which got me a little bummed, and make me wonder if there is some stupid underlying issue bogging the truck down since before the 6.4 turbo's.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yes, I started to dismantle the set of injectors I am building, when I broke my Harbor Fright Special 6" vice. I plan to run 100% nozzles, and 205CC's. I have not driven other vehicles like my buddy who did the head studs does, but he flat out said my truck is slower than his truck on the SCT Performance tune, which got me a little bummed, and make me wonder if there is some stupid underlying issue bogging the truck down since before the 6.4 turbo's.

I think 205/100's would be a good match and run pretty clean. Did you connect the VGT or pin it open?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My boost reading is from a separate sensor for my boost gauge.

Are you monitoring boost electronically via the factory map sensor? under WOT what does it read? If the truck isn't seeing pressure at the map sensor, it wont fuel as hard, which would explain why it isn't running as hard as it should.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.