6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Just did some measuring of the BPD cooler, looks like 24 x 7.5 x 1.5" (bar and plate) totaling 270 CI. Not questioning MPD's sizing of the cooler, just trying to figure out what I really need. My business partner has the BPD kit on his truck and tows 7K lbs daily, with no problems.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Started installing the oil cooler/filter relocation plate from MPD. I hadn't thought much about the original oil filter housing being deleted, this means my fuel bowl will be suspended by the fuel lines. Anyone have thoughts? Hope to get it all put back together tomorrow night.

ford rules

Reaction score
Id delete the factory bowl and open the whole valley up it will look much cleaner imo.

ford rules

Reaction score
Ahh, maybe just build a little mount for now then delete it when you have the funds for the A1000 setup?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
For some reason I recall reading a thread that said, cutting the fuel bowl from oil filter is a bad idea. Maybe someone can confirm or rebut this so I can go hack it off and get back to work! lol lol I want to get this baby running tomorrow.

ford rules

Reaction score
I hacked mine off to just use the oil housing since i deleted my fuel filter bowl and had no issues. I see no reason it wouldnt work with just leaving the fuel housing.

strokin6L

Reaction score
My fuel bowl has been cut off the oil filter housing with a sawzall for over 4 years.

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 124

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Strokin,
Right, I know that is safe to do. However I am doing the opposite, keeping fuel bowl (for now) and deleting the factory filter bowl.

ford rules

Reaction score
Strokin,
Right, I know that is safe to do. However I am doing the opposite, keeping fuel bowl (for now) and deleting the factory filter bowl.

Shouldn't make a difference if you do the opposite, I'll look at my cut off fuel housing tmrw.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Well I said :wtf: and cut it off anyway, can keep sitting on it. Oil cooler is mostly all in, just need to tighten everything up, put in the CAC pipes tighten up miscellaneous items, top off fluids. Then we will see if it continues to stall out.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
Well I said :wtf: and cut it off anyway, can keep sitting on it. Oil cooler is mostly all in, just need to tighten everything up, put in the CAC pipes tighten up miscellaneous items, top off fluids. Then we will see if it continues to stall out.

You replace that IPR?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
You replace that IPR?

You bet Morgan! Not taking any chances... I am glad I decided to do the oil cooler gig, turns out all the bolts on the factory cooler housing were never tightened. I was able to remove them all with just a socket on an extension with my bare, oil soaked, hands. Really disappointing with all this BS.

Looks good!!

Thanks! Dont forget you will need some new fittings to adapt/re-feed your turbo's with oil for your setup.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Here's what I'm doing with my factory oil cooler covers. Painted and all new bolts. Bottom cover has polished stainless ARP bolts and the top cover has chrome plated bolts. I'd love to do the MPD setup you just did but I want to do so much this spring and money is gonna be really tight. Not sure if I'll even be able to do all that I wanna

Attachments

• IMG_20131222_113345_563.jpg
    IMG_20131222_113345_563.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 148

ford rules

Reaction score
You bet Morgan! Not taking any chances... I am glad I decided to do the oil cooler gig, turns out all the bolts on the factory cooler housing were never tightened. I was able to remove them all with just a socket on an extension with my bare, oil soaked, hands. Really disappointing with all this BS.

Thanks! Dont forget you will need some new fittings to adapt/re-feed your turbo's with oil for your setup.

Yup, I brazed a -6 jic male onto the factory feed line should work good.

rshiery

Reaction score
Reelmuhcoy, how's your project coming. Did you get her running yet??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online