6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Sorry to leave you guys hanging for so long... Latest update is this little guy!
Liam.jpg

Work picked up quite drastically when the little guy was born, so I have not had any extra time to put into the truck. Truthfully I also don't want to go work out in the cold. Soon guys, I promise.

ford rules

Reaction score
Hows the oil cooler relocation working out for ya?

I just finished mine up and it seams like it takes a a while to pick up LPO, wondering if youve had the same experiance.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
The truck hasn't been completed since I started the project. Baby's bedroom was top priority, then we were slammed with work and parenthood.

What is the symptom of taking a while to pick up LPO? Needle not picking up? Long cranks?

I am keeping a close eye on the weather now so I can get back to work on the truck. Its really eating me not being able to drive it. Plus my wifes BMW X5 3.0I is SLOW. I am hoping for some clear/warmish weather this week and weekend to button it up. But we're battling out work truck not running right now. One day ICP is fine, then boom, stalls out, and no ICP. Pressurize system to check for leaks (all good) and it starts and runs like new :fustrate:

I PROMISE GUYS, SOOON!!! I've got it this far, I've just hit a mental capacity and cant handle it all. Anyone know a good shrink? LOL

ford rules

Reaction score
Starts fine no long cranks, needle dosent pick up near as fast as it used to not sure if I'm just being over paranoid or not. It took it long enough to set off the check gauges light. Truck also has a slight miss at idle I'm trying to track down, I think it may just be stiction as I have no codes.

I'm not a father but I can only imagine how much time you spend with the family now which is a good thing!!! Congrats on the baby again!!

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
3a7u6yru.jpg

So I took some time to do truck stuff today, but didn't make progress with the truck itself, but a necessary accessory. I am tired of using the top side creeper and crushing my balls on it. Tomorrow I need to put in another 1/2hr to finish the step and then it's time to dig into the truck itself.

Fordrules: It set off a CEL or check gauges light?? Wired, I wonder if a check valve is necessary somehow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
We're investing most of our profits to expand our company now. Need so support a whole family, not just me and my wife anymore (baby obviously and mother-in-law).

The work step is pretty much complete and useable, only thing left is to fill in the step grate extensions and add safety locks so that it cannot disengage when stepping on the extensions.

ford rules

Reaction score
Good idea on the step!!
It sets off the check guages light on the dash, i have a checkvalve on the outlet port of the plate and it didnt make a difference.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS!!!

6.0.4 is running again! I have a couple tweaks that I need to make tomorrow and I will take it for a long test run. I will be back tomorrow with updates.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Alright so...

I was not able to take it for a long test drive today because I need to move the oil filter. It is currently tucked in the passenger side wheel well, which is where it will stay, but I need to tuck it further into the bumper. It is currently too close to the tire and is actually rubbing, bad oversight on my part...

I just ordered a few fittings to tuck it into the bumper void better and will hopefully have it back on the road by next week end.

Still runs like a raped ape, cant wait to get back to tweaking. Hope to get to work on the injectors soon too.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Stoked to see what this thing is going to do! Hope your baby boy is strong and healthy.

"Why do you own a diesel truck? You don't haul anything!!!"
-False!
I haul A$$ everywhere! HAHAHAHA

-KCCO-

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/LEKckaI-y34
Forgive the background music didn't think to turn the radio down.

Running much stronger than I remembered. It's tough to get a good 0-100 run around here with the traffic we have, especially now that it is summer.
I think I have some tweaking to do with the VGT actuator. Instill need to finish the electronic version, now that it's back on the road, that will be the next project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.