6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Been driving around a lot with the truck. I took it to work today, and pulled our 7500lb work trailer with ease, but my fan kept kicking on. I also sensed that I have an air leak somewhere, as I can hear a hiss, but mostly detected it because I am not holding boost.

Bottom line brought the truck back home for lunch and popped the hood, to take a quick peek, immediately I realized that the coolant tank was empty, I squeezed the coolant hose at the top of the radiator to see how low it really was, NOTHING.

I have no signs of any coolant leaks anywhere, so where the hell is the coolant going??? Any bets its a poor stud installation and I'm leaking antifreeze into a cylinder? I did notice that i am a little more "smokey" now, but figured it was just crud burning off since it had been sitting for so long. Any thoughts that the "smoke" is really coolant burning off? I have noticed that there was enough pressure built up in my coolant tank to bulge the tank.

ford rules

Reaction score
Throw a pressure guage in the cooling system and see what kinda pressure you got.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I am getting very close to start building my injectors so lets hear it for the final time now...

WHAT SIZE INJECTOR DO I BUILD?

I am torn between 190/75 and 205/75, what do you guys think.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
If anyone is willing to share optimal length for traction bars that will be one of the next mods. Not sure which will come first, sticks or bars...

ford rules

Reaction score
Here's my trac bar build if it helps, they have held up great through all my abuse.
I had 14,000lbs behind it last weekend and I looked at my bushings and they weren't deformed at all or anything.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Only because it was requested I am going to post a photo of my awful welding up close...
nenydege.jpg

There is one more thing I need some advise on. The way I installed the stack (in the corner of the bed, it jumps out the frame under the truck, then up through the bed) now, I'll have to remove the stack so I can install track bars.
da9yje4y.jpg

by5ezysu.jpg

I want to do something different with my exhaust. I wanted a stack because no one around here had one, now everyone and their wife and grandma has one (or two). Again, I would like to be different and unique, I am not interested in a tail exit, can't do a hood stack (I'll get pulled over in 2 minutes flat around here), in front of the rear wheel does nothing for me.

What else could I do that would be different, unique, and maybe discreet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rshiery

Reaction score
How about multiple outlets out of the bedside kinda like the ww2 fighter planes. Do like 4 2" exits per side.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

rshiery

Reaction score
Or along the front radius of the wheel well.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

ford rules

Reaction score
I was going to put 2 6" tips in front of the rear tires on a slight angle but never did

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/NwEpK_FV8WM

Just got it back on the road, new 16lb coolant cap is on, edge insight is on.

My EBP seems high until the turbo's really spool up, but then they level out, also with my new ACCURATE EGT probe, my EGT's seem pretty steep. I am 99% sure I have a smallish boost leak, will fix up this boost leak tomorrow and see how EGTs and EBPs change after fixing that.

Oil and coolant are in check (within 2* with the new external oil cooler/filter relocation setup.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I personally don't like the exhaust exiting out the side of any car or or truck. My vote is either something like a axle dump so it's hidden or like a dual type setup that exits out on either side of the receiver hitch.

-KCCO-

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I hate strait backs. Axel dump is a good contender.

I am wondering if I could dump it out behind the front passenger side wheel like some of the big HP trucks do?

Latest posts

Members online