6.4 Tune Results

strokin20

Reaction score
i've got one of matts race files for my 08 and innovatives tunes. I'm going to try to get on a dyno in houston tomorrow if time will allow. There is hardly any smoke on the race file and it runs very strong and shifts great too. Once he releases them I wouldn't hesitate to jump on them. If i can get on the dyno, I'll try to take some videos.

Gearhead

Reaction score
My life has gotten really complicated/busy as of late and I haven't been able to focus finalizing the tunes for the 6.4. I am also partly waiting on SCT to get me the rest of the parameters I need to make the tunes on all the trucks. I also found another 2 MPG over the V1 beta tunes :) I'm not letting out any final tunes until I like them enough that I would let my wife drive them without special instructions.....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My life has gotten really complicated/busy as of late and I haven't been able to focus finalizing the tunes for the 6.4. I am also partly waiting on SCT to get me the rest of the parameters I need to make the tunes on all the trucks. I also found another 2 MPG over the V1 beta tunes :) I'm not letting out any final tunes until I like them enough that I would let my wife drive them without special instructions.....

Very cool Matt... thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX

onebadf150

Reaction score

That sounds great Matt keep up the good work I'm glad you are taking the extra effort it really shows you care about the end user. My wife will also be happy that your tune will be women friendly.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I have a tune that is doing another 2-3 mpg over SRL that i will eventually incorporate into my SRL power level.

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
I thought I posted in here before but I'm running gearhead tunes as well, I am running the slr tune as well and don't drag race at all, just daily drive and I really like it, I am averaging 15.2-15.7 mpgs which is about average for the everyday driving that I do. Every time I run it hard I puke coolant everywhere, which will stop in two weeks as the cab will be going up. Got to wait til deer season is over haha. But overall driving is awesome as alot of the other big tunes I have run have been smoky and Matt's tunes have been spot on and smoke free no matter what I do.

onebadf150

Reaction score
matt I have both of your tunes for my 6.0L and love them I really want to try your 6.4L tuning i bet its awesome!

I've been through the following tunes and i'm so glad you decided to tune 6.4l !!!

Kem345 what a joke and shifting is garbage
Vivian's Looney has potential needs alot of work
ID's street file not impressed felt like sct extreme with a different name
RCD 485 the only tune that has decent power and good shifting

Jhaddox

Reaction score
matt I have both of your tunes for my 6.0L and love them I really want to try your 6.4L tuning i bet its awesome!

I've been through the following tunes and i'm so glad you decided to tune 6.4l !!!

Kem345 what a joke and shifting is garbage
Vivian's Looney has potential needs alot of work
ID's street file not impressed felt like sct extreme with a different name
RCD 485 the only tune that has decent power and good shifting

You can't compare Erics street file to the rest of the high hp files...get his xtreme tuning then compare

Dave

Reaction score
I think onebad is the first person Ive seen say good things about RCD's tune

onebadf150

Reaction score
You can't compare Erics street file to the rest of the high hp files...get his xtreme tuning then compare

nothing personnel against eric but I've had his extreme street for 6.0l it was good, 3 custom tunes for same truck with non vgt 64mm made no power aweful to drive, ficm tune had to get the truck factory reflashed because it barely would run in the morning and it was a new ficm and had 8 new injectors. so I rather not spend more money with eric. Matt @ gearhead on the other hand knocked out 2 amazing tunes on the first try for the same truck and recommended power hungry for the ficm tune which is one of the best mods ever. I know eric is a good tuner he's just not for me.

3brorce

Reaction score
Anything new with Gearhead's 6.4 tuning? Anyone test SRL and run it at the track?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Anything new with Gearhead's 6.4 tuning? Anyone test SRL and run it at the track?

I am waiting on my tunes from Matt for my truck, ill definitely update as much as possible once that happens. Maybe get some Datalogging as well.

No tracks open until late march though