6.7 hp build turbo? Injectors? Etc...

Reaction score
I am setting up a build on a brand new 6.7. It will get rods, studs, gaskets, valve springs, push rods, nozzles, and some kind of turbo.

My questions are:

What is the reliability of the stock turbo when fed with a compound, like say the II kit? Or just scrap the stock one and start over.

And what else can I do besides the rods and valve train mods listed to keep this thing from blowing chunks. Shooting for at least 600-650 at the rear, more if possible.

This customer has the pocket book to do this, just need to be sure I can sell it to him.

JDub

Reaction score
I know of a 6.7L truck already up and running with an aftermarket single turbo on it and the truck was making great power and was very driveable with what minimal tuning could be done with it being a stock engine. I'm sure it will be available to the public at some point, just not sure as to when...

01PSD

Reaction score
Yep SPE popped the stock turbo when they used it in their compound setup and so have others I believe.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
The stock turbo is specifically designed for stock and that's pretty much it. They are weird, have 2 wheels back on the inlet. As the years go by I'm sure we will see outrageous #'s

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Talk to elite or the guys at SPE. They're both working on 6.7 turbo upgrades. If your wanting power I'd go with a 66 or larger. 64 would make for a powerful dd I'm betting

JDub

Reaction score
honestly I've said before. a single 64mm non vgt or something would rock on these trucks... IMO

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

Talk to elite or the guys at SPE. They're both working on 6.7 turbo upgrades. If your wanting power I'd go with a 66 or larger. 64 would make for a powerful dd I'm betting

The one I mentioned is pretty close...and it did seem to run/drive pretty damn good.

Reaction score
Ya the turbo and valves are what concerns me the most with this build since they are really not figured out yet. But neither was the 6.4 at one time. So I guess someone has to pony up and try some things.

The one concern I've heard is that there is hardly enough space in the valley for a conventional turbo with the manifolds taking up so much space.

Im hedging my bets that a spring and push rod upgrade will solve the valve to piston contact problems.

Idk what the stock cp4 will support but I'm looking at 100hp nozzles.

I wanna see how much a 6r can take!

01PSD

Reaction score
SPE got 600ish on the dyno with their regular cab out of a stock CP4, fuel only. Track numbers backed it up, the CP4 certainly isn't a k16 though :( it's pretty much at it's limit with tuning alone so far

01PSD

Reaction score
Something like they weren't properly treated or a bad batch from the distributor. If my memory serves me correctly.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
the two turbos that have went out of our trucks just kinda took a crap.. bearings looked effed up and they had a bunch of shaft play. wheels looked decent though. the one saw a lot of surging though.

one at 20k the other at 100k

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

04stroker

Reaction score
The valve problem was mainly in the Cab&chassis trucks. Ford had ordered the valves from a supplier that were Hardened. Well one good batch they got were not Hardened. So pieces of the valve were actually breaking off.

Latest posts

Members online