6.7 hp build turbo? Injectors? Etc...

Repairshop

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So why didn't anyone call the shop. Not everyone knows internet etiquette the same as veterans. Maybe it was employees not management as a shop owner i am a little worried here.
Not making any decisions just doing my homework.
But maybe the first response would be to call the shop and build a relationship
Have a vetting process that is fair???
Thats how professionals do it as far as i can tell

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
So why didn't anyone call the shop. Not everyone knows internet etiquette the same as veterans. Maybe it was employees not management as a shop owner i am a little worried here.

Ok 6.7fordenthusiast, like I said over on psn.... the forum will not contact you.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Well i have a shop and pay to advertise but i am an educated shop owner such that the forum members are educated customers. Not big on herd mentality but see some value here. As a new vendor will anything i post be ridiculed? What value does this forum bring?

No it wont, the membership of this forum ask for proof, data that the new product you are pushing works

There have been vendors that have came here and claimed they have a product that will do x,y, and z..and have gotten a hard time until they have proven it...

PSA is an avenue to get the word out on what you sell, and a way to do so with some of the biggest names in powerstroke performance:thumbsup:

Repairshop

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So as a shop owner the forum does not want my business
I assume you speak for the forum
Not sure what the issue is with 6.7 enthusiast

Jhaddox

Reaction score
So as a shop owner the forum does not want my business
I assume you speak for the forum
Not sure what the issue is with 6.7 enthusiast

I'll be honest, I'm really not sure what you're asking?

We're glad to take anyone on as a sponsor..with the sponsorship you're free to advertise your product as you wish on the site to generate business. The membership will ask for proof on the products that you make though, just like any buyer wants to be informed on what they are potentially purchasing.

PM sent

Repairshop

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I am a shop owner but have no idea how to be "allowed" to post. The rules say one thing forum says another
Typically sales people contact me with a marketing package?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
I am a shop owner but have no idea how to be "allowed" to post. The rules say one thing forum says another

Since you arent a sponsor you cant post or push your products.....

Check your PMs regarding who YOU need to contact to become a sponsor.

So I just seen you posted on psn..... When did you contact the sites admin?

I think the shop owner has employees that were very excited about about a kit and jumped out on the forum . The manager caring about his employees explored the vendor deal. Only to be told to get lost so its not about vendors its about tge snobs or in crowd picking on the new kids. I gave them a chance the shop has got money. Its huge. What does this forum cost 1000 bucks. I am sure they spend way more on ads. Just post it. If you arent an in crowd stay away
This seems cowardly

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
At any rate...

No, you wont get any special treatment as far as being a sponsor...

You will get to post about products
you can post phone numbers, email address, web site info about you and your shop
you can share new product info, specials ect

However, expect to be ready to answer some questions.
You will get some critisism, your new, people want to know how, why, who, and how well it works

I understand that there are some concerns about where your money will go, you get a banner, you will be able to reach customers that frequent the site ect. I know you have been sent a pm about who to contact. I can tell you most sponsors pay once, and keep paying year after year... for good reason.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
LOL @ the marketing manager

We are like a small buisness, we a owner and some moderators, we all work for free ptsuperd does everything else, and he's on vacation this weekend so sorry he hasnt been able to contact you... LOL

Jhaddox

Reaction score

I sent you a PM with that information, check your PM's

You are more than welcome to post on the forums...but, since you are not a sponsor you are not allowed to post information about products you make/sell. After you become a sponsor you are more than welcome to post about products that you market and want to sell

Repairshop

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok that sounds good. And yes i understand there is a vetting process. That is very respectable. Some companies have employees looking for an atta boy and yeah the employees arent gonna get it here. They have been warned.
I am basically a repair shop but the other guy who yes i do know the owner just now came to fully realize whats going on. So i will pass along the info

imelmo

Reaction score
I talked to the shop. They said the forum moderators were initiall very rude to their employees. They looked at this and decided the forum should formally apologize to thier employee who was only trying to help. Posted no direct links to a companies website. Than standard business practice can resume. I asked what exactly a youtube link was considered they declined to comment. I got the idea that the business is a very large repair shop/ supply house and that a few mechanics have kinda been the big push behind the youtube facebook stuff. I explained the benefits of things to the manager andd he seemed willing to spend some marketing money. I think a forum moderator or manager emailing the company would solve this entire mess

I'm going to assume this was directed at me. Below are the pm's back and forth. No, I will not apologize for doing exactly what I was supposed to do in that situation. Not to mention the fact that "fake" screen names were created to try and further the thread in question.

Please point out the rude parts of my answers, unless of course not hearing what they wanted to hear is considered rude:

imelmo said:
gasdriller6.7 said:
imelmo said:
gasdriller6.7 said:
imelmo said:
gasdriller6.7 said:
hi, im not trying to start anything but just curious is to why my thread got closed for some other persons ignorance. i was not attempting to sell this product just informing the public of a purchase i made and the satisfactory that i recieved from them. just curious. thank you.

To be frank the thread doesn't do much good other than for people start pm'ing you for info or the other "people" that were banned for info on the unnamed company. It's not something that's going to be allowed here.

isnt the whole theory behind a forum is to conversate about products,problems and companys???

We do not allow threads started for pimping of products, contact info of any kind, pricing, etc.. for non-site sponsor companies.

nobody was trying to sell anything... just showing a possible fix. i strictly said i wasnt going to say any names cause i didnt know if they were a sponsor or not.

And I'm not allowing it because it'll just lead to people pm'ing you for the name of the non-sponsor.

If its the guy that made up 3 or 4 different names under one IP address to promote the kit then he deserved it.....

It's all about how to present yourself... He did it wrong.... And hes still doing it wrong over on psn.

If he wanted to promote the kit he could of went a different route and everyone would of acted differently.

Exactly.

Most things are handled thru pm's on the site. Your employees's actions are not our responsibility. We aren't going to call a shop everytime someone from said shop is acting up.

At any rate...

No, you wont get any special treatment as far as being a sponsor...

You will get to post about products
you can post phone numbers, email address, web site info about you and your shop
you can share new product info, specials ect

However, expect to be ready to answer some questions.
You will get some critisism, your new, people want to know how, why, who, and how well it works

I understand that there are some concerns about where your money will go, you get a banner, you will be able to reach customers that frequent the site ect. I know you have been sent a pm about who to contact. I can tell you most sponsors pay once, and keep paying year after year... for good reason.

Perfectly stated.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Dude... what you told me through PM on psn and what your saying here aren't adding up. You told me you didn't know the shop owner, and that you own a construction business.... We invite all diesel shops to sponsor here. It is great for their business. The best and most knowledgeable powerstroke people are on this site. The highest horse power and fastest fords are on this site. It is an investment for a shop to be able to promote here. And our member base in the NE is huge

sent from the sea

Repairshop

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
ok on the deleted had a nice post but doesn't matter
i am in the middle, created over here to get away, i want to talk shop owner into being vendor so i can post my build is all, trying to do advertising for a home improvement business, but maybe that is not legal here either idk
now basically stuck in the middle and regretting ever posting here
stokininstyle you did turn me on to 2 good companies i think on psn, hopefully they can work together to build the 2.6pullers i want,
thanks you you are a professional and respectable guy i appreciate your time and one day hope to return the favor.
guys like you are keeping the forum alive
unfortunately i will be done posting here but you have my contact so if you need a favor feel free i would be obliged sir.

Latest posts

Members online