62FMW/CED T4/stock injectors Review

Mdub707

Reaction score
Correct, 62/68/.83

I should also mention that I get no CEL for the VGT. I didn't plug the VGT solenoid in either. Nothing in there, and there is no light on at all with my Innovative tunes. That was a nice bonus. I was worried about having to plug that solenoid in, or shut the CEL off 100%, neither had to happen.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
He's talking a manual trans. Any 600hp single turbo 6.0 will be laggy with a manual. Vgt or not. I've yet to be impressed with the spoolup of a big Vgt 6.0

What big VGT turbos have you run?

With a stage 1.5 turbo (63.5mm) I can build 5psi at 1200rpm and hit 20psi by 1800rpms.

With a stage 3 turbo (68mm) I can build 1-2 psi at 1300rpm, 5-6psi at 1500 rpm and 25psi around 2200rpms

I would love to see that with a similar sized non-vgt

strokin6L

Reaction score
Correct, 62/68/.83

I should also mention that I get no CEL for the VGT. I didn't plug the VGT solenoid in either. Nothing in there, and there is no light on at all with my Innovative tunes. That was a nice bonus. I was worried about having to plug that solenoid in, or shut the CEL off 100%, neither had to happen.

The reason you don't get a CEL for the unplugged vgt solenoid is because the tuners shut the vgt solenoid off in the tune. Kinda the same way they do for the egr valve function.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The reason you don't get a CEL for the unplugged vgt solenoid is because the tuners shut the vgt solenoid off in the tune. Kinda the same way they do for the egr valve function.

My understanding was there was no way of actually doing this, without shutting the CEL off 100%. Meaning it wouldn't come on for anything. The only way around this in the past was simply plugging a VGT solenoid into the harness and zip tying it out of the way. Myself and Mat Shackleford put the same turbo on around the same time. His tuners were shocked that his CEL wasn't on. They actually asked him quite a bit about his strategy and what not.

strokin6L

Reaction score
When I first installed a 62/65/70 from industrial injection back in 2008 Eric rewrote my tunes to disable the vgt solenoid so that there would be no CEL. That is how the tuners do it for a non vgt...Eric told me himself.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I should try that and see actually. I don't think I have yet. Either way, I'm happy it's off.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Before I had Eric rewrite the tunes for the 62/70...I took the vgt solenoid and split it in half. I made a bracket for it and mounted it off one of the alternator bolts and plugged it in so I wouldn't get a CEL. This is what you do when you run stock tuning. Turbonetics gives you tge bracket and has you do this if you buy one of their turbos. Once I got new tunes I took it off. Then whenever I turned it back to stock I got a CEL for the vgt.

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Little update here, I put the truck on the dyno this weekend, just curious to see how it would do with this turbo setup.

Innovatives Extreme-X tune
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
STOCK injectors
The 362FMW setup with Matt's up-pipes.

I made 495/906 with 30% load on the dyno. It ran clean as a whistle. I couldn't believe it when I watched the videos my buddies took after the run. There was almost no visible smoke what so ever. I kind of wish I had bumped the FICM tuning up to the 80 or the Hercules. I'm still pretty impressed. There was a tune only 6.0 on 40" tires there that did 351hp, so it seemed accurate... as far as dyno's go. Same dyno Wayne Allen ran his 6.4 on. He did 1008hp this weekend.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I only ran like 3 trucks behind him LOL My truck was parked right in front of the dyno all day. I was actually supposed to run right after him, but apparently people were whining they had to leave and got to cut the line I guess. Also some sled pullers who decided they needed to go before me so they could pull on the track. Not sure why people didn't just pre-register if they knew they had stuff going on later in the day. Oh well, it was still a fun event.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Crappy cell phone vid. I should have some more pics/vids once I get them from my friends. My brother was running my phone for this vid, he's not very tech savvy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiDQBYYUcAw&feature=youtu.be

Man that was a clean pull!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I stopped watching it, I can only get it up to about 1100* max when I lug it in the wrong gear. It runs ridiculously cool. Under WOT it's usually 950* or so.

william_ace

Reaction score
That is really cool. I run down the highway at 900! Any slight hill and they pop up to 1100 easy.

Mdub707

Reaction score
On the hot tunes when I lug in overdrive and get under the turbo going up hills is when I manage to hit that 1100*. Running down the road on flat ground I'm under 800* usually.

vinniehobart

Reaction score
I think my EGTs on the stock turbo file has only hit 1150 i believe at 41psi of boost. highway going 75 im at 3psi and 725-775. CCSB with 33" mud terrains. so either you or me need to buy some 175/75 or 175/50 to throw with this turbo. Want to flip a coin?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.