62FMW/CED T4/stock injectors Review

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have a buddy running this turbo with 175/75's right now, he loves it. I'm sure I could use more fuel, but I really don't want to have to pay to build a transmission either LOL

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
Very interesting thread. How would this turbo do with 175/stock injectors? Also what about towing heavy? 12k or more??

I've thought about trying non vgt but not up to speed on non vgt turbos and how they do towing heavy.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't been on in a few weeks here.

I wouldn't think twice about towing with this, even up to 12k lbs. You'd probably want to tow a few smaller things and figure out which tunes work best for you first, then have at it.

I bet the 175/stocks would work just fine. I'm enjoying it on stock injectors and my buddy definitely enjoys his on 175/75's, so you're basically right in the middle. I'm sure it'd be fun either way.

248superduty

Reaction score
Well hells bells good news for once on my 6.0l. And after reading this thread I'm so ready to try my setup. Mdub any way I can get an under hood pic of turbo mounting setup?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
meh...175/75 at the most for this one. I'm done dumping excessive amounts of money into trucks to try to make them "fast". plus I've pretty much lost the desire to tinker with it myself so it has to stay simple and reliable.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Mike what's you usual cruising egts? I just got mine back together and I'm trying to figure out if I have a boost leak. I can hit 1200 pretty easy before I let off and the max boost Iv seen is 30ish

matt92idi

Reaction score
I don't have a way too but me and David Nicholson didn't see any issues when we used his ae program. I mean that's the only thing it really could be unless there is that big of a difference in the tsd tune

swinky

Reaction score
I don't have a way too but me and David Nicholson didn't see any issues when we used his ae program. I mean that's the only thing it really could be unless there is that big of a difference in the tsd tune
David is kinda gay though......

Sounds like you might have a boost leak. I was making 35 with stock injectors.

04cr450

Reaction score
I completely agree. I'm gonna look it over real good when I get to raleigh to see if I can find anything obvious. Here's a video for better reference https://vimeo.com/113227928

from that video, those are not bad numbers at all... BUT, your mud slinging tires are contributing to your higher egt's for sure. 35's and 20's? that is a lot of weight esp. those mud grapplers

Latest posts

Members online