7.3 intermitent engine shake

Yerkie

Reaction score
I started thinking the injector only shows up after its been running a while. Could one of the orings in injector 5 be wearing out to cause these symptoms?

I opened the passenger side valve cover and didn't see any leaks at all from the top end when the truck was shaking but maybe one of the center orings is leaking internally?

Any thoughts?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I started thinking the injector only shows up after its been running a while. Could one of the orings in injector 5 be wearing out to cause these symptoms?

I opened the passenger side valve cover and didn't see any leaks at all from the top end when the truck was shaking but maybe one of the center orings is leaking internally?

Any thoughts?
oil shooting out of all the spouts?

live life full throttle

Yerkie

Reaction score
I've been looking around for injectors and I forgot eBay existed so when I get there I'm gonna take a chance on a reman about $130 no core charge

444getsitdone

Reaction score
I've been looking around for injectors and I forgot eBay existed so when I get there I'm gonna take a chance on a reman about $130 no core charge

Dude Sunrise Ford is selling them for $180 after core and everyone else selling Quality Injectors are similar in price. $50 (or more) an injector is not that much man, its your truck not a freaken happy meal... :)

Yerkie

Reaction score
Do you guys have a diagram with the cylinder position? I'm finding passenger side bank front to back 1,3,5,7 driver side front to back 2,4,6,8? Or 1,2,3,4 passenger. And 5,6,7,8 driver side.

Just trying to determine where injector/cylinder #5 is if it failed a balance test -__-

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do you guys have a diagram with the cylinder position? I'm finding passenger side bank front to back 1,3,5,7 driver side front to back 2,4,6,8? Or 1,2,3,4 passenger. And 5,6,7,8 driver side.

Just trying to determine where injector/cylinder #5 is if it failed a balance test -__-
drivers side is 2468

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
Just get it tight with a 1/4" ratchet, and 1/4 turn past what you think tight is, and you should be fine. Seems like the people that torque their injectors have issues with them working loose.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Does anybody know the torque specs for an injector?
top bolt is 120 INCH lbs not foot lbs.. botom bolt can be more then that. i believe golfer said as long as the top bolt is 120 inch lbs then you can basically cram the bottom one as tight as you want. just make sure its seated level with the rest. but yeah, ghohouston is right too.

live life full throttle

Yerkie

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I ordered and injector along with the obsll Bluetooth plug-in and I'm going to be doing the job wednesday.

I'll update after

Arisley

Reaction score
Just don't forget to evacuate the cylinder before you crank it. Pull the glow plug out. Place the valve cover on and finger tighten a couple bolts. With the new injector in, bar the motor over two revolutions. Then bump it over a few times to push everything out of the cylinder. If the forty-two pin connector is out, that is good, if not, either disconnect it or pull the PCM and IDM relay.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. And don't forget to put the valve cover on AND tighten a couple bolts along the bottom. The first time I did injectors I forgot about putting a valve cover on. This time didn't tighten the bolts until after I got hit with a puddle. :doh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.