7.3 Turbo talk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The bolt hole spacing on the 16cm housing is 68.5mmx86mm. That sound like a t4i to me It is the same as a T4 or atleast the 68.5mm is but the 86mm is a little wider..

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I know some guys are running a 16cm housing on an HX35, on a stock to mild 12v if that gives you an idea. Seems like it'd be a little small to me.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I know some guys are running a 16cm housing on an HX35, on a stock to mild 12v if that gives you an idea. Seems like it'd be a little small to me.

That gives me a little bit of a idea.. The 16cm housing on a stock or mild 12 is a little big to. Well it depends i guess. one thing to keep in mind though is the fact they have a VERY small turbine wheel.. Verses this HX55 is a 86/80 turbine wheel. And all i am looking to get out of it is 25 PSI and "maybe" 30 MAX..

But yes it may be to small. I am looking for a quick spool up to 25/30 PSI then let the 96mm turbo take over from there..

Thanks for the help!!

PStroked444

Reaction score
I am suprised to not see anyone talking about the QSSB?? I know it is a smaller turbo. Is it the price? I am still saving my bones for one. Just a thought....:p

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I am suprised to not see anyone talking about the QSSB?? I know it is a smaller turbo. Is it the price? I am still saving my bones for one. Just a thought....:p

Price is a major one... when you can have the same thing for less. Not saying it isnt badass, i know there is lots of time put into it. But i do know there are less talked about turbo's that can handle the same deal

PStroked444

Reaction score
but maybe the price payed is worth the time invested into the turbo? Sounds like the QSSB was designed for the 7.3 and is very efficient. I guess Im just kicking it around to hear what everyone else says.

Short Bus

Reaction score

Qssb has been around for years, there's better chargers for less $. Same performance as a 38r for double the money, sign me up! Lol

JDub

Reaction score
QSSB is an awesome turbocharger on a daily driver and towing application, much better performance than an H2E, quicker low end response and broader compressor map. For guys looking to make 450+ the GQSSB would be a better option, as it does everything just as well as the QSSB but flows a little more air to support larger injectors.

WIESEL

Reaction score
Qssb has been around for years, there's better chargers for less $. Same performance as a 38r for double the money, sign me up! Lol

The Qssb is MUCH better turbo than the 38r.... From, what I have read. For the power level it is designed for, you can't beat it.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The Qssb is MUCH better turbo than the 38r.... From, what I have read. For the power level it is designed for, you can't beat it.

Except for the price... I can buy two turbo's and be half way to a compound setup for the price haha

maybe a little exageration, but regardless.... its spendy

dave186

Reaction score
My QSSB is very efficient, better than 1:1 up to 30 boost. Nice cool EGTs. If your looking for a cheap drop in charger its obviously not for you. One nice thing is when the time comes it can be rebuilt into a GQSSB for a reasonable price.

JDub

Reaction score
Except for the price... I can buy two turbo's and be half way to a compound setup for the price haha

maybe a little exageration, but regardless.... its spendy

Turbo can be purchased for $1100, it's the Hypermax mount kit that affects the cost so much.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Turbo can be purchased for $1100, it's the Hypermax mount kit that affects the cost so much.

Yeah very true i guess, I was looking at the package. Good point bud!

I paid 200 for my turbo haha, so my opinion probably doesnt count haha. When you can LOVE a $200 turbo, everything else seems expensive

Short Bus

Reaction score

From what you've read? Lmao I've been in a few trucks with them, yes they work well but IMO its an over priced fix to an easy problem. 38r costs half and will support the same if not a tad more hp. Not to mention the hyper max kit can be a pita sometimes with the oil feed, pos drain tube and they don't offer bellowed up pipes so for the big $ you still have wonderful up pipe donuts.

SDstroker

Reaction score
:whs:

I got my H2E kit from Carson for a very good price which comes with bellows which was about $1300. I havent checked lately but I think I was quoted around $1800 for the 38r and IH up pipes. The thing that led me to WOP turbo was to get away from the leaky pedestal/stock system. From what I read when the 38r goes your better off buying the $1400 turbo again, and I am sure a QSSB rebuilt is less then half that. Since my mind is always on long term status anyways that made the decision easy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.