7.3 Turbo talk

dietoremain

Reaction score
My buddy and me are building his truck right now, its got some hybrids that blew up the stock turbo in a few weeks, so theres a 42r on the way, i will update with how it goes, i have seen very few 7.3s with this turbo... and yeah jake at irate is building the kit.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Modded H2e, 38r, GQSSB, S366 ....... list goes on. O unless you have different rod in your 02 block, you might want to have Cale detune your injectors a bit or give her hell till she blows :rockon:

JDub

Reaction score
What turbo should I get, going to order 238/100 or 250/100 Injectors? It's a dd so I need something that is streetable.

Our GQSSB turbo is a perfect match for that size injector. Great low end response with plenty of air throughout the rpm range to support low 500hp levels and still be able to tow. I've got a couple built on the shelf ready for shipping. Let us know if we can help...

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Modded H2e, 38r, GQSSB, S366 ....... list goes on. O unless you have different rod in your 02 block, you might want to have Cale detune your injectors a bit or give her hell till she blows :rockon:

In the process of building a engine right now, just trying to figure out what i want to do. Whats the price on the gqssb? Have been thinking about a 366.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Jacob will chime in but I am sure it can reach mid 500's. KASB would be your better choice for that range.

estrada5.9

Reaction score
Jacob will chime in but I am sure it can reach mid 500's. KASB would be your better choice for that range.

Those little buggers are spendy though.

Somewhere around 2300ish or 4200 with the hypermax mount can't remember I am sure ill be corrected.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
If I was to go with a 72mm s400 what size A/R would be ideal for the street. I have the option of a 1.15 but i feel like that is a little bit too big.

1.0 be the best option?

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I would say a 1.0 with a gate to control BP and have a quicker spool or 1.15 with out a gate.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
If I was to go with a 72mm s400 what size A/R would be ideal for the street. I have the option of a 1.15 but i feel like that is a little bit too big.

1.0 be the best option?

Umm..... your forgetting another important specification there.... what size is the turbine you are looking at? A 1.0 A/r on an 83mm turbine will not respond like a 1.0 A/R on an 88mm turbine or whatever turbine you decide to go with. Asking for advice is good - but lets put the whole picture into perspective. The next question would be - what do you call street driving? Running around empty, towing lightly, in town, out on the freeway where you can stretch its legs a bit, etc.... this is the variable that is different for everybody.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Jason, which housing is a better overall for a gt4202. Light tow, alot of empty driving, very rare towing heavy, sled pulling and drag racing getting more and more attention every year. Right now i have a 1.15 with no wastegate.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Umm..... your forgetting another important specification there.... what size is the turbine you are looking at? A 1.0 A/r on an 83mm turbine will not respond like a 1.0 A/R on an 88mm turbine or whatever turbine you decide to go with. Asking for advice is good - but lets put the whole picture into perspective. The next question would be - what do you call street driving? Running around empty, towing lightly, in town, out on the freeway where you can stretch its legs a bit, etc.... this is the variable that is different for everybody.

I dont ever tow, i drive the truck like a toy. So some lag isnt my biggest fear.

I dont know the turbine size, in fact i dont think ive ever known much about the turbine of any turbo. I will get that info and post it here. It comes with a 1.15 T4 housing.... if its possible for that to run pretty good then ill just leave it, but if that jumps out as LAGGY AS HELL then obviously ill second guess that idea haha.
Ill find more info on it

ON EDIT: I just looked back and the housing that comes with it is a 1.25, not a 1.15

Latest posts

Members online