932hp single turbo, fuel only

golfer

Reaction score
Isn't the HPOil crossover line a mod with more of a ICP damping/balancing goal vs a power one?

honestly don't know...it's never changed anything for better/worse in our experience. The factory HPOil rail, cast in the head, is puhlenty large enough to take care of dampening/balancing.

I sent you a PM about a cam...but never got an answer back?

Don't mean to derail the thread.

shoot me an email, I prefer not to conduct business, give estimates/quotes via PM, as I am not on the forums as often as I once was, PM's are hard to search through, etc.

[email protected]

CGMKCM

Reaction score
Yes, it sure is, with a stock intercooler, fuel feeding through the factory NPT ports (with a regulated return), and would you believe no HPOil crossover line...LOL

We have a long way to go, but we learn something new every day.

Sent from my DynaTAC

I guess the 6637 400hp myth has been busted.LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yes, it sure is, with a stock intercooler, fuel feeding through the factory NPT ports (with a regulated return), and would you believe no HPOil crossover line...LOL

Sent from my DynaTAC

I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses stock intercoolers and thinks the hpoil crossover line is stupid......

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Sent from my DynaTAC

thats what I like to hear

I guess the 6637 400hp myth has been busted.LOL

a long time ago.

I'm just asking Dave but....why? I watched a 550hp run with 1 on, then minutes later 595hp with it off. Did you try it without?

Also is this going in the red truck or for a different customer?

BTW great work as usual :thumbup: :jammin: :pimp:

Did you happen to hear ryan say how old that filter was? Might had something to do with it.. ive found that once the paper turns dark in color it gets restrictive. His wasnt white by no means.

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
Did you happen to hear ryan say how old that filter was? Might had something to do with it.. ive found that once the paper turns dark in color it gets restrictive. His wasnt white by no means.

live life full throttle

Yeah, that filter was old as snot! Wish I would have put a brand new one on beforehand.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Sent from my DynaTAC

Just out of curiosity, how often do you change out the 6637 filter? And is it actually a napa filter or the actual Donaldson?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
900hp motor and ya'll wanna know what kind of air filter he's running? lol

Its not as surprising as it used to be.. bad ass for sure!! But with tuning and mods these days. Doesn't surprise me.. I know swamps has been using that type of filter for a few years and its always been a debate for some people. I was more curious of how many dyno pulls are on his filter.

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Boy I'm going to catch hell for this.....

"900hp motor and ya'll wanna know what kind of air filter he's running? lol"

Not to take anything away from the amazing work that Swamps does... That's 923 at the crank. That's 785 at the rear wheels which is what almost everyone here talks in. In reality if someone had posted that they made 785 according to their track times or on a dyno, then it's almost less impressive vs 923 on an engine dyno. Again, still an amazing feat especially on a single turbo. I'm not trying to take anything away from this. Just saying.

Flame on in 3...2....1......

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Boy I'm going to catch hell for this.....

Not to take anything away from the amazing work that Swamps does... That's 923 at the crank. That's 785 at the rear wheels which is what almost everyone here talks in. In reality if someone had posted that they made 785 according to their track times or on a dyno, then it's almost less impressive vs 923 on an engine dyno. Again, still an amazing feat especially on a single turbo. I'm not trying to take anything away from this. Just saying.

Flame on in 3...2....1......

I agree.. thats one reason why I said not surprising. You just explained it better.

live life full throttle

Reaction score

We are missing the point a little here.

Here is an organization with the experience, finances, and facility to test various combinations. Very few of the folks on here could duplicate it. Yes we can assemble a high horse engine but the testing facility and experience I'm talking about.

So I want to learn everything I can from the testing of an engine like this.

No matter how small the detail. And I always wondered how many CFM a Tymar style air cleaner can handle. Now I know Swamp's runs one on the dyno.

Like a few of the other items mentioned such as the hpx line, intercooler etc.
I personally want to study all the details of every nuance that is on this engine. There is always something to learn.

Sometimes with all the BS that creeps in, I wonder why guys like Dave keep posting, having to wade through all the worthless posts.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Air filter is a relevant question, I was just surprised to see two pages of air filter talk and nobody asking the real questions!

I for one, would like to know what injectors are in it and what is being done differently to carry the HP so far up in the RPM range. 800hp @ 4100rpms would make a real solid running 2.6 truck!

golfer

Reaction score
I for one, would like to know what injectors are in it and what is being done differently to carry the HP so far up in the RPM range. 800hp @ 4100rpms would make a real solid running 2.6 truck!

the parts for this engine build are listed here, aside from the long block/rotating assembly.

http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/en/1999-2003-73l/1167-900hp-heui-package.html

The turbo specs as are as necessary to meet your/the customer's sled pulling rules, if it's a drag truck, we have different options.

We tailor the cam to the turbo, and the injectors to the turbo, though it rarely affects price, it changes the performance substantially.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.