a different take on e fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I prefer regulating the fuel pressure after the injectors take the fuel. Just my take.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I don't understand the desire to replace one crappy stock fuel system with a different crappy stock fuel system. Especially when it's more work.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
if the pictures in this thread you have posted is your work, then you should take your own advise.

It is my work, and in taking my advice I find that I know what I am talking about.

The resounding theme here has been....
Cheap
What he has at his disposal
What is within his skill level to accomplish

Yes the SD bowl can still be used, it is still a filter. Just disable the parts that make it suspect. Basically take everything off and only use it as a filter. Add the modified FPR back to the original return lines and Done! You might spend $10 in a couple fittings if you reuse the factory feed lines or $30 if you fab new. It's not rocket science, it's plumping.

So into more detail, you cut up the regulator here obviously, but what and why exactly did you cut it up the way you did? Could this be used somehow with the sd bowl?

I just cut off the parts that had nothing to do with regulating fuel.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
he didnt ask for hack job 'plumping'. he asked if the stock SD stuff can be used as a 4 corner feed. answer = 'yes'

is your way cheaper then just using the stuff he has in unmodified state? answer 'no' as he would have to go to the brake 'plumping' section of walmart and buy a bunch of crap.

the stock SD stuff he has will work, just like it does in a million SD trucks.

PS fix the oil leaks on that poor powerstroke

rusty1161

Reaction score
he didnt ask for hack job 'plumping'. he asked if the stock SD stuff can be used as a 4 corner feed. answer = 'yes'

is your way cheaper then just using the stuff he has in unmodified state? answer 'no' as he would have to go to the brake 'plumping' section of walmart and buy a bunch of crap.

the stock SD stuff he has will work, just like it does in a million SD trucks.

PS fix the oil leaks on that poor powerstroke

What's "plumping"?

Rusty

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Almost every OBS owner on here knows the Joedaddy mod. How long has it been know Joedaddy? Your the only one who says its crap.

JD3020

Reaction score
My ENTIRE fuel system was built for less than $200.

I'm pulling through the stock selector valve, and stock lines up the frame rail. I cut the metal line after the valve and slipped over some fuel line. That then runs outside the frame rail to my Walbro GSL392. From there it goes to a Napa filter head/10 micron water separator. From there it runs back inside the frame rail and uses the stock line up to the valley. From there it runs into a banjo bolt adapter and feeds through the stock fuel lines. It then comes out through the stock return lines into the "Joedaddy" FPR, and the return side is all factory.

Power is supplied from the factory trailer battery charge relay, and is key on power.

Is it the prettiest set-up out there? Hell no, but for 1/5th of what most kit costs i have no complaints with it. It will be getting re-done in the future with either dual SD pumps or a large single, adjustable regulator, and re-mounted out of view somewhere.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
So I guess you are the subject matter expert now. 2 pages ago you couldn't tell the fees line from the return.

ghohouston

Reaction score
??? What the hell? I was just gathering info for the conversion and making sure I had all my info correct... not sure how or why that makes me a subject matter expert. I know for a fact a stock sd fuel systrm with a healthy pump will keep up with decent sized injectors, and once again I can do this conversion extremely cheap, so why not? Why must you be a dick?

dustinz85

Reaction score
are you kidding me? the stock sd application supports upwards of 500 hp with a healthy fuel pump

IMO, I would never use a stock dead head system on 2500$ injectors. Will it supply fuel to that big of an injector? yes. Will you fuel pressure drop? Yes. Air through those injectors will shortly their life drastically. But to his their own. I have my stage 1s on a RR system and pressure is never below 63 psi.

ghohouston

Reaction score
To clarify, I will be using a regulated return, but I have personally ran 238/100's on a bone stock sd fuel system with no problems, pressure held fine.

Got4wd

Reaction score
To clarify, I will be using a regulated return, but I have personally ran 238/100's on a bone stock sd fuel system with no problems, pressure held fine.

I hope you do it. I want you to show the nay sayers that it works fine. You can buy the SD filter just about anywhere if something was to happen to it. I have always thought about going this route too. I'm not fond of the filters hanging below the frame. Just my opinion.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Been a while, but I have almost have everything needed to install the sd setup. Figured I'd paint the sd fuel bowl and hpop resovoir dt466 blue, and got a fuel bowl re seal kit. I need to find a set of the fuel feed and return lines from a sd that come up the side of the motor with the quick connects. And finally found a use for that expensive ass billet fuel filter cap I bought forever ago.

2ut5cv4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online