A little update on my truck...

05stroker350

Reaction score
Well, I guess I should probably update this thread since I've been pretty quiet about my truck for a while.

After I got the wastegate plumbed in, my truck was still inconsistent on the dyno... So I couldn't really validate any tests. After going through a few things, I assumed that my trans was the culprit, so I laid low until I could get a built transmission in it (Huge thanks to Steve for that).

After I got the transmission in, the inconsistency between runs seemed to go away, but the truck still wasn't making the numbers I had expected, and I got pretty frustrated with it. Nathannial, Wayne, Mike, Dustin, Tadd and Steve gave me a bunch of help and advice along the way, and kept me motivated! Thanks guys.

Now, I am doing some testing with the 76 atmosphere for Tadd and I love it. The 76 spools like the 72 does - basically like stock. Tadd spent a ton of time with me last weekend datalogging and riding around with me, just to clear any doubts I had.

So, long story short I took the truck to the track last night and it made me proud. I went 12.46 @ 109 at ~ 8,100lbs. This was at bandimere with ambient temps at 85*. There is more in it if I could drive, but I ran out of time last night, so that's all the faster I went. My previous best was 12.8x @ 104 and some change I believe (gotta dig up the old slips). All in all, I am super pleased with the set up. There will be a couple changes made pretty soon that I am very excited for and I hope that they put me closer to the 11's on fuel at bandimere.

Here is my slip from last night
000-26F7E7C91241-7381-000003CFA76763F1_zps000c8bca.jpg

Good meeting you the other night JD, I had the black supercab and talked to you for a few. Appreciate your time and for chatting it up for a few minutes. What a nasty truck as well of course.

Chandlar

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
its also possibly the parts that have been robbed off of it, to make other things work.

frankenstein is a possible new name???

jdgleason

Reaction score
its also possibly the parts that have been robbed off of it, to make other things work.

frankenstein is a possible new name???

If you have something to say about elite get it the *** out of my thread. Aside from that being between the owner of the truck and elite, I have zero desire to have it here.

Wayne

Reaction score
Just make sure the big blue one isn't shipped instead.
Wayne why would you want to run the 66vgt? 62mm and be done, pretty sure you drove mine and Mike's. No issues

Yours and mike's are different in that you have an intermediate stage. Too big of a jump between stages, and you get a lot of surge, hence the triples. 59/76 is as far of a span as I dare go, and still maintain reasonable towing manners. Stack that with 38's, 3.73's, stock stall converter, and the drivability situation gets worse.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well my truck doesnt really need to be in the convo here. it is going back together as we speak, ill update or start a new thread in regards to that. but if ANY parts are robbed , its because i gave them to someone else in need. please leave my truck out of this, thanks !

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
whoa, whoa, whoa.

in no way was i bashing anyone, or attempting to insinuate theft, or any other wrong doing.

i was simply making comment on things Bigr himself had said in other threads, with what read as a smile on his face.

Erics use of the turbo speed sensors in erics dpc thread. Bigr's giving of his trans, and various other parts throughout the last two challenges.

perhaps robbed was the wrong word to use. it's just the way i talk, and sometimes it doesn't translate well to text/written words.

i didn't intend, with the ownership comment, mean that Elite was dragging their feet, or any other insult that could be read into that. again, things that people affilitated with elite, with blue names, have mentioned, again with what read as a smile on their face, along with the owner of the green truck in question.

I'm here daily, usually several times, reading lots, learning, listening, usually asking questions, commenting occasionally, i usually am following EVERYTHING, and remember things real well.

again, no intentional bashing/dissing/slandering/insulting or any other "read between the lines BS" took place, intentionally or unintentionally, in any of my posts, and i apologize if they were taken as such.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
whoa, whoa, whoa.

in no way was i bashing anyone, or attempting to insinuate theft, or any other wrong doing.

i was simply making comment on things Bigr himself had said in other threads, with what read as a smile on his face.

Erics use of the turbo speed sensors in erics dpc thread. Bigr's giving of his trans, and various other parts throughout the last two challenges.

perhaps robbed was the wrong word to use. it's just the way i talk, and sometimes it doesn't translate well to text/written words.

i didn't intend, with the ownership comment, mean that Elite was dragging their feet, or any other insult that could be read into that. again, things that people affilitated with elite, with blue names, have mentioned, again with what read as a smile on their face, along with the owner of the green truck in question.

I'm here daily, usually several times, reading lots, learning, listening, usually asking questions, commenting occasionally, and i usually am following EVERYTHING.

again, no intentional bashing/dissing/slandering/insulting or any other "read between the lines BS" took place in any of my posts, and i apologize if they were taken as such.

You're good man. JD got his dick caught in his zipper at recess today. So he's a little fiesty lol. Most of what you read from us is joking with friends and Mike is a pretty generous guy when it comes to helping friends and others compete to further team ford, even if that means he has to loan out some of his parts. All in good fun

jdgleason

Reaction score
Didn't mean to jump down anyone's throat... I guess I took your post re wrong way tree trimmer. I generalized since there were a couple shots to elite preceding your post.

But I meant what I said about keeping the extra crap out of my thread.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Good meeting you the other night JD, I had the black supercab and talked to you for a few. Appreciate your time and for chatting it up for a few minutes. What a nasty truck as well of course.

Chandlar

Hey man, sorry I just saw this. Good to see you again buddy! Truck is looking killer. Definitely don't be a stranger, I'm sure we will see each other soon.

jdgleason

Reaction score
So a few weeks have gone by and I've been super happy with the truck, and I have a couple parts coming soon that should be the icing on the cake!

But for now, I owe Tadd and Nathannial big time for helping me get my transmission built. Full billet and all GPZ clutches with a DPC converter. I am super excited as this has been a long time coming. I have an entire new respect for the work that Tadd does with these transmissions, and it is impressive the tips and tricks he has developed over the years. I'm lucky and thankful for Tadd and Nathannial coaching me through.

On to the good stuff.

6FF-8AEF788B24C2-2773-0000017DC8ED7CC2_zps6b26f9f0.jpg

A76-E736B8BBD0C7-2773-0000017DDCD5C3D5_zpsfb22333f.jpg

903-69DE08680008-2773-0000017E342B4334_zpsfb00020f.jpg

E91-52FA50017F5F-2773-0000017E70CA01D7_zps25ed4782.jpg

Just for you, Erik ^^ LOL

And a huge thank you to my awesome girlfriend and my buddy David for helping me stab it. For those of you who don't have a girlfriend that knows tools and isn't afraid to get dirty - get one lol.

Latest posts

Members online