A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
I sure enjoyed testing that turbo. As soon as the first batch of production ones come back in, another is going on, then a z-max jr., then back fuel off to 85's, and call the motor work done. When I finish all that stuff, I'm gonna have to race you. :evil: should be a good race at that point if you leave your setup alone, considering my extra weight, and rotating mass.

About that.... lol

smokinstroker

Reaction score
jd, are you having to do some serious gating into that 76?

i have thought about doing this as well with my truck but was worried of over speeding the hp...
dead spots or heavy lag? sorry about the 100 questions ahead of time

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Truck likes the extra air to say the least!
this may be what i end up doing, unless i can talk the lady into letting my buy the 59hp.

im assuming your extra fuel is helping with your trap speed as well, i might not get that lucky on stock fuel.

Strokin_4_Life

Reaction score
that is awesome!!! when running that 76 is a wastegate a must? im thinking about running the precision 76 with the stock hp (for now) that elite offers on my dd but want more info first.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Truck likes the extra air to say the least!
this may be what i end up doing, unless i can talk the lady into letting my buy the 59hp.

im assuming your extra fuel is helping with your trap speed as well, i might not get that lucky on stock fuel.

That it does. I think the fuel helps quite a bit.

jdgleason

Reaction score
that is awesome!!! when running that 76 is a wastegate a must? im thinking about running the precision 76 with the stock hp (for now) that elite offers on my dd but want more info first.

I would recommend a gate for sure.... Having the ability to control the turbos is a great thing.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Nice job JD! Now that 76 is still a journal bearing right? Isn't there some concern that the wheel is getting too big for the stock housing to deal with or no? That is part of the reason I chose to go to the BB 76 precision turbo. But from what I understand yours has the same wheels as the precision units right?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice job JD! Now that 76 is still a journal bearing right? Isn't there some concern that the wheel is getting too big for the stock housing to deal with or no? That is part of the reason I chose to go to the BB 76 precision turbo. But from what I understand yours has the same wheels as the precision units right?

now you can gun for the silver surfer ... 7.51 @ 91 ..7800 lbs and lifted. you'll get close down here at sea level ... but not that close haha congrats buddy !!

jdgleason

Reaction score

It is still journal bearing, yes. There would be concern on a totally stock center section, yes, but tadd has addressed that. I'm still not sure if it is as stout as the ball bearing one, but an upgrade from stock no doubt. The compressor wheel is identical though.

Latest posts

Members online