A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well guys it's been forever since I've updated this thread, but a lot has changed so it's time.

As you guys know, I have been running dual pumps and stock housing turbos for quite a while and I love it. The truck drives and tows awesome, and rips on the street and at the track. I still have yet to have any issues with it. I just drive it... can't ask for any more than that!

Full Mod list:
- Elite Dual Pumps
- Elite 60hp (15%) Nozzles
- Elite Stage 4 Trans and DPC converter
- Elite Wastegate kit with a Tial gate
- No limit Pipes
- Elite H-11 Studs
- Elite 76mm atmosphere
- Tunes from Gearhead

At the end of the season last year, the truck went 12.46 @ 109 on fuel in the thin air. I was super happy with that. At 8300lbs, the calculator says it's making north of 700.

F407B086-A552-4B3A-A2E4-E570E8B8AFF4_zpszylssut1.jpg

And now on to the things I've added...

Nathannial and I put a Zmax Jr. ported intake manifold in the truck a while ago. It made a much bigger difference than I imagined. EGT's dropped a bunch, throttle response went up and smoke was down. I still need to look through the data logs and dyno sheets before I go into any of those details though.

D5D59495-F56D-4D15-AEAF-F85FEA1FC7DF_zpsc3wdwhol.jpg

I also stepped up to some 110hp nozzles (50%). So far from the jump up from 60s, I am super pleased. Once the weather sucks less here, I'll get it back on the dyno to see where it stands in comparison to before.

0A973C02-98D8-4FEF-8733-0A8A60730826_zpseu1lioz4.jpg

As a few of you know, I made the cut for voting for the Diesel Power Challenge. With that in mind, I've had to make a few more improvements to the truck. I love forced upgrades! The plan now is to add a few things to keep the truck consistent and more reliable... with the exception of spray LOL

275A218A-76D9-4D5D-887F-9DEF9B084010_zpsfjkpkbbo.jpg

F8EEDC80-0831-4A94-9CCC-EA10CA592D7A_zps7isct98r.jpg

There are a few things that aren't here yet either. I ordered some One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms and Traction Bars from Mr. Rice. A big thank you to Jared and Dave for that! Awesome guys to work with! I'm super excited to get those pieces on the truck. I have a True Trac on the way for the rear end along with a rebuild kit.

I am still up in the air on a couple things as well. VGT, Intercooler, more suspension parts, etc are all on my mind, but that will come down to budget in the end. I have been eyeing a new set of wheels as well! For now, I'm just excited to keep driving the truck as is until I have a reason to push it!

pog

Reaction score
Jd, that is already too much truck for you. Love the way this trucks come along. Pumped for you

B585Ford

Reaction score
Looks like a great build. Looking forward to hearing about the end results. Good luck with the final cut on the DPC.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Jd, that is already too much truck for you. Love the way this trucks come along. Pumped for you

LOL thanks brown buddy

Looks like a great build. Looking forward to hearing about the end results. Good luck with the final cut on the DPC.

Thanks Brett!

Well congrats JD! I hope you get in the DPC. Just keep the old girl reliable!

I'll do everything I can to keep it that way! Thanks buddy!

OBS F350

Reaction score
Nice! I would love to go for a ride in that thing if we ever run into each other around the area. Hope you make the cut, would be awesome to see a 6.4 with a drop in atmo turbo win or place well!

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'll definitely be voting for you! You'll have such an advantage with already being used to the thin air! Team Ford is looking VERY stout again this year!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

jdgleason

Reaction score
Nice! I would love to go for a ride in that thing if we ever run into each other around the area. Hope you make the cut, would be awesome to see a 6.4 with a drop in atmo turbo win or place well!

Sure thing man! I'm sure we will see each other somewhere!

Thanks for the wishes guys.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well guys it's been forever since I've updated this thread, but a lot has changed so it's time.

As you guys know, I have been running dual pumps and stock housing turbos for quite a while and I love it. The truck drives and tows awesome, and rips on the street and at the track. I still have yet to have any issues with it. I just drive it... can't ask for any more than that!

Full Mod list:
- Elite Dual Pumps
- Elite 60hp (15%) Nozzles
- Elite Stage 4 Trans and DPC converter
- Elite Wastegate kit with a Tial gate
- No limit Pipes
- Elite H-11 Studs
- Elite 76mm atmosphere
- Tunes from Gearhead

At the end of the season last year, the truck went 12.46 @ 109 on fuel in the thin air. I was super happy with that. At 8300lbs, the calculator says it's making north of 700.

F407B086-A552-4B3A-A2E4-E570E8B8AFF4_zpszylssut1.jpg

And now on to the things I've added...

Nathannial and I put a Zmax Jr. ported intake manifold in the truck a while ago. It made a much bigger difference than I imagined. EGT's dropped a bunch, throttle response went up and smoke was down. I still need to look through the data logs and dyno sheets before I go into any of those details though.

D5D59495-F56D-4D15-AEAF-F85FEA1FC7DF_zpsc3wdwhol.jpg

I also stepped up to some 110hp nozzles (50%). So far from the jump up from 60s, I am super pleased. Once the weather sucks less here, I'll get it back on the dyno to see where it stands in comparison to before.

0A973C02-98D8-4FEF-8733-0A8A60730826_zpseu1lioz4.jpg

As a few of you know, I made the cut for voting for the Diesel Power Challenge. With that in mind, I've had to make a few more improvements to the truck. I love forced upgrades! The plan now is to add a few things to keep the truck consistent and more reliable... with the exception of spray LOL

275A218A-76D9-4D5D-887F-9DEF9B084010_zpsfjkpkbbo.jpg

F8EEDC80-0831-4A94-9CCC-EA10CA592D7A_zps7isct98r.jpg

There are a few things that aren't here yet either. I ordered some One Up Offroad Adjustable Link Arms and Traction Bars from Mr. Rice. A big thank you to Jared and Dave for that! Awesome guys to work with! I'm super excited to get those pieces on the truck. I have a True Trac on the way for the rear end along with a rebuild kit.

I am still up in the air on a couple things as well. VGT, Intercooler, more suspension parts, etc are all on my mind, but that will come down to budget in the end. I have been eyeing a new set of wheels as well! For now, I'm just excited to keep driving the truck as is until I have a reason to push it!

Thank you for the kind words sweetheart. Cant wait to see the parts installed on your truck!

gman1

Reaction score
Looks like a strong runner JD. Hope you make it in to DPC. My wife and I will be voting for you! :fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online