A little update on my truck...

3brorce

Reaction score
Its pretty funny really. Just let every dodge enter and still keep only 10 fords and chevys to pick from.

If you think about it, I think it hurts the cummins crew. 20 trucks means more to choose from. More to choose from means more votes will be going different routes and spread throughout the options. The less options the better.

3brorce

Reaction score
What was impressive I saw was the 1770tq number on the fuel only 707hp.

Wayne

Reaction score
rumor has it that the 958 was only on one stage of juice, that there was an electronic problem he is still ironing out. Better now than early may though

jdgleason

Reaction score
Hey guys. It made 709 on fuel... We are thinking that the stock vgt just has a hell of a time moving much more air than that. But, it comes on fast and hard... Hence the torque. I had a hell of a time believing the torque number, but all 3 fuel pulls made 17xx torque.

Then the nitrous pulls were kind of a disaster. I couldn't get it to spray for the life of me, and found out I was missing a setting in the software. Plus, bottle heater wasn't working either, but I decided I didn't care much lol.

So today, I found that my blue bottle heater wire was actually switched with my blue stage 2 ground wire... Which means that I had no 2nd stage yesterday.

And when I was on the dyno, bottle pressure started out well under 900psi (no heater) and I was still getting the hang of tuning the nitrous. Then, by the 3rd pull, all of the changes I made were doing nothing because I didn't "reset the line" for nitrous ramp in. Kind of a sh1t show, but I leaned a lot and now I'm ready to play with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
nice. 1000 is relatively easy on spray with your setup so you already knew you had it. congrats. dare i ask what the cf was ?

jdgleason

Reaction score
nice. 1000 is relatively easy on spray with your setup so you already knew you had it. congrats. dare i ask what the cf was ?

I actually haven't looked... I asked for uncorrected numbers but I don't think he printed them. I'm at the girlfriend's place right now, sheets are still in the truck at home. I'll check tomorrow

jdgleason

Reaction score
Once I get this whole nitrous thing figured out, I'll post some legitimate numbers lol. For now I was more interested in just seeing how the truck reacted to
It and getting some experience with it.

Also, I hope to be changing my stock vgt situation soon, so we will see how that ends up. I will say that my truck has always dyno'd funky and sometimes it frustrates the ever living ***k out of me. Before I had dual pumps and nozzles, my truck would dyno 50-60 hp higher than it would trap (corrected) but now it traps WAY higher than it dynos. Judging by the seat of the pants I have a feeling it will trap around 800 as it sits on fuel since adding the bigger nozzles. They made a big difference.

jdgleason

Reaction score
It was a .136 jet. With the way I had it tuned and everything, I didn't spray what that jet has to offer lol.

I'll be going with a 59vgt.

HD F250

Reaction score
Nice numbers JD, sounds like a solid build and the 59 VGT should make a pretty good difference. I envy you.....

Latest posts

Members online