A little update on my truck...

Beans71086

Reaction score
BP was way high last night and I think it hurt numbers quite a bit. It only made 690 and you can see a dip in the graph where BP started to climb.

There may be something else going on but I'm not sure yet, so I will keep everyone posted later today.

On a sidenote, I swapped to Elite's new intake last night, and my truck made an extra 30hp as well.... crazy.

Much better! :redspotdance: I was a lil worried with your post in the intake thread. How much more do you think it has in it?

jdgleason

Reaction score
No updates yet, this week was hectic and with parts availability as it was I won't dig into it until tomorrow night or Saturday. I'll let you guys know what's up.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
No sir not broken, just need a waste gate. I wasn't really even interested in driving it without a gate.

Cool! I was hoping it wasn't down. I have a gate here waiting to be put on when i do my turbo/intake change out. I don't want to have any bp issues with mine either. Really nice build you have by the way JD.:thumbup:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Cool! I was hoping it wasn't down. I have a gate here waiting to be put on when i do my turbo/intake change out. I don't want to have any bp issues with mine either. Really nice build you have by the way JD.:thumbup:

No sir! Just the calm before the storm I hope! Lol. Good call on the gate, I'm kicking myself for not doing it before with the cab up, but I guess we learned a bit about cams because of it. Thanks buddy!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Uh oh!

7068D864-9AAE-42EC-83FA-B0EBD6FF6987-11724-000006E2E7C6E989_zps6d0d3c7e.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Nice! I have the exact same gate, color and all! Let me know how you get it dialed in. Mine said to put 4 springs in it plain+black+blue+yellow for 21.5 psi :jawdrop: thats going to be a mother to bolt back together. I think ill be using a vise i think. But good luck man.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
that is how we do it here get all the springs lined up and compress them in the vice.

Good i was hoping i was doing this somewhat right.

Isn't that too much spring? Not sure what's recommended for a stock/towpower set up

Thats what Aaron suggested. He wanted to gate for like 20-25 pounds and to keep ebp below 60-65 psi on stock valvetrain.

Latest posts

Members online